Theater arts education begins in elementary school musical and operatic productions. Students may choose to continue their theatre arts education during middle school extra-curricular productions and high school curricular and extra-curricular productions.
2022-23 KUSD Theater Auditions
Open to all incoming 9th – 12th graders.
Please sign up for an audition time at one of the following locations:
- Tuesday, May 17: 4-8:30 p.m. at Bradford High School
- Tuesday, May 24: 4-8:30 p.m. at Harborside Academy
- Tuesday, May 31: 4-8:30 p.m. at Indian Trail High School
More information: Theater Auditions flyer (PDF)
Click the button below to purchase tickets to all KUSD Fine Arts events.
2021-22 Theatre Season Posters
- The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds – Oct. 14, 15, 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Groundhog Day: The Musicial – Oct. 29, 30, Nov. 5, 6 at 7:30 p.m. and Oct. 31, Nov. 7 at 2 p.m.
- The 39 Steps – Nov. 4-6 and 11-13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley – Dec. 2, 3, 4 at 7:30 p.m. and Dec. 5 at 2 p.m.
- Beauty and the Beast – Jan 7, 8, 14, 15 at 7:30 p.m. and Jan. 9, 16 at 2 p.m.
- The Niceties – Jan. 27-29 and Feb. 3-5 at 7:30 p.m.
- As She Likes It – Feb. 17, 18, 24, 25 & 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- A Year With Frog and Toad – March 31, April 1, 2, 7-9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Ain’t Misbehavin’ – March 31, April 1, 2, 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Bright Star – April 1, 2, 8, 9 at 7:30 p.m. and April 3, 10 at 2 p.m.
- Seussical – April 1, 2, 8, 9 at 7:30 p.m. and April 3 & 10 at 2 p.m.
- Nunsense – April 7, 8, 9, 10 at 7:30 p.m. and April 9, 10 at 2 p.m.
- Radio Show: Sorry, Wrong Number & The Hitchhiker – April 28, 29, 30, May 5, 6 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Secret in the Wings – May 19-21 and 26-28 at 7:30 p.m.
2021-22 Theatre Season Cast Lists
Thank you for auditioning for the KUSD 2021-2022 Theatre Season. The cast lists we are releasing today are for plays and musicals that will be rehearsed and performed at Bradford, Harborside Academy and Indian Trail High School and Academy. Tremper High School will be releasing their season plans and audition requirements soon. Please contact Nic Cicerale (email@example.com) for more information.
All students who auditioned in person and who submitted auditions online should appear on the cast lists posted here. If you do not see your name, please contact Robert Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Indian Trail High School and Academy, Kristen Singer (email@example.com) at Harborside Academy or either Christi Geidner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Holly Stanfield (email@example.com)at Bradford High School.
Casts will rehearse and perform in accordance with the Theatre and Rehearsal Guidelines approved by the district. At the time of this release (August 2021), we are planning to welcome back our in-person audiences again, but due to the fluidity of COVID 19 we appreciate your patience and understanding should decisions regarding these procedures change.
On behalf of the KUSD theatre staff – we want to thank you for auditioning. We look forward to celebrating your talents and sharing them with the community.
- Ain’t Misbehavin’
- As She Likes It
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Bridges of Madison County
- Bright Star
- The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds
- Groundhog Day The Musical
- Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberly
- Radio Show Ensemble
- Seussical the Musical