The Kenosha Unified School District’s recognition program, established in 1980, was created to acknowledge individuals along their career path for their service to the district and public education. This program is a part of the district’s culture and celebrates many wonderful staff within the district.
Recognition Week consists of the KUDOS (Kenosha Unified’s Dedicated Outstanding Staff) rewards, wherein employees with 5, 15 or 25 years of service will receive a link to select a gift of their choosing as a thank you for their continuous service to KUSD. It also will embody the new Gratitude Gifts for retirees, who will receive a link to choose a thank you gift from the district as they prepare to embark on their next chapter in life. Finally, the Spark Awards will be the culminating event where each winner will also receive a link to select a gift of their choosing for their amazing accomplishment.
Recognition Week 2022
- Monday, May 2, 2022: Recognize all staff celebrating their 5- and 10-year anniversary*
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022: Recognize all staff celebrating their 15- and 20-year anniversary*
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022: Recognize all staff celebrating their 25-year anniversary*
- Thursday, May 5, 2022: Recognize all staff celebrating their recent or upcoming retirement**
- Friday, May 6, 2022: Recognize 2022 Spark Award winners
* Anniversaries will be pulled as of Sept. 30 and will not be retroactive. If your anniversary falls after Sept. 30, you will be recognized the following school year. Only consecutive years of service are counted in this program.
** Retirements will be based on those who have filed official paperwork with the Office of Human Resources between April 1 of the prior year through March 1 of the current year.
What are the Spark Awards?
Each school and the ESC will create a team led by the building principal or Leadership Council that will select and submit names of colleagues who meet at least two of the three Spark Awards guidelines, which are connected to student achievement and the district’s mission and core values. The number of allotted honorees per building is based on the overall staff size and will include staff from the following groups: administrative support professional, community and student support, educational support professional, interpreter, facilities, food services, teacher, or supervisory/technical staff, as well as a Friend in Education.
- 2021 5-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 15-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 25-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 Retirement honorees (PDF)
- 2021 Spark Award winners (PDF)