The Kenosha Unified School District’s recognition program, established in 1980, was created to acknowledge individuals along their career path for their service to the district and public education. This program is a part of the district’s culture and celebrates many wonderful staff within the district.
Recognition Week consists of the KUDOS (Kenosha Unified’s Dedicated Outstanding Staff) rewards, wherein employees with 5, 15 or 25 years of service will receive a gift as a thank you for their continuous service to KUSD. It also will embody the new Gratitude Gifts for retirees, who will receive a gift from the district as they prepare to embark on their next chapter in life. Finally, the Spark Awards will be the culminating event where each winner will also receive a gift of their choosing for their amazing accomplishment.
Recognition Week 2023
- Monday, May 1: Recognize all staff celebrating their 5- and 10-year anniversary*
- Tuesday, May 2: Recognize all staff celebrating their 15- and 20-year anniversary*
- Wednesday, May 3: Recognize all staff celebrating their 25-year anniversary*
- Thursday, May 4: Recognize all staff celebrating their recent or upcoming retirement**
- Friday, May 5: Recognize 2022 Spark Award winners
* Anniversaries will be pulled as of Sept. 30 and will not be retroactive. If your anniversary falls after Sept. 30, you will be recognized the following school year. Only consecutive years of service are counted in this program.
**Retirees will receive a gift from KUSD upon submission of official paperwork to the Office of Human Resources. Due to the various times retirement notices are received each year, retiree names will no longer be listed on the Recognition Week flier.
What are the Spark Awards?
KUSD’s annual Spark Awards program recognizes staff who are nominated by peers for their ability to impact academic achievement through relationships, innovation, instruction (teachers only), communication, and professional learning and ethical practice. They live KUSD’s core values of safety, teamwork, unity, diversity, equity, nurturing, trust and stability. They also live the mission of providing challenging, excellent learning opportunities that contribute to the district’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
- 2021 5-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 15-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 25-year anniversary honorees (PDF)
- 2021 Retirement honorees (PDF)
- 2021 Spark Award winners (PDF)
2020 and prior year’s recipients
In 2020, KUSD implemented a new recognition program in an effort to recognize more staff districtwide. This moved from the groupings seen below to the Spark Awards and milestone recognitions noted above.