Families Learning Together
- BE A READY READER is a program for parents and children ages 3-12 to motivate and bring excitement to the reading process.
- DR. SEUSS NIGHT is an evening for families to enhance literacy skills with learning stations that provide interactive games focusing on reading.
- GET READY TO READ is an interactive workshop for parents and students that shares fun, hands-on ideas to help children enjoy learning and reading.
- MATH NIGHTS focus on math curriculum for various grade levels.
- PUMPKIN SCIENCE NIGHT is an interactive program focusing on science by measuring, counting and weighing pumpkins.
- STRATEGIES TO LEARN AND PRACTICE BASIC MATH FACTS for parents to help their children with mathematics.
- STREET SMART KIDS is a program for parents and students in grades K-5 developed by the Kenosha Police Department, which discusses safety precautions.
- STEM NIGHT for various grades to build a love of STEM.
- 9-1-1 FOR PARENTS is a four-week series on behavioral management.
- ACTIVE PARENTING is a six week series that includes understanding and redirecting misbehavior, family communications, learning at home, and active parenting for school success.
- ADD/ADHD – WHAT CAN PARENTS DO to assist parents in helping their children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders.
- CHILD ABUSE – WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO CROSS THE LINE? presented by law enforcement, to understand child abuse and its consequences.
- CHILDREN AND DEPRESSION to discuss signs and symptoms of depression.
- SECOND STEP is a series on violence prevention that specifically addresses problem-solving and anger management.
- STRENGTHENING FAMILIES is an eight-week program that focuses on increasing family strengths, enhancing child development and preventing violence.
- SUCCESSFUL FATHERING is a 10-week series that focuses on strengthening father/child relationships and school involvement.
Navigating Beyond the Classroom
- INTERNET SAFETY is a training provided by law enforcement on safely using the Internet.
- VIDEO GAMES, HEALTHY HABITS AND CHILDREN is a presentation of healthy activities.
- BULLYING is training on the definition of bullying and what to do if it occurs.
- SUICIDE PREVENTION provides an overview of the signs and symptoms of suicide.
- SCHOOL SAFETY PROCEDURES is a presentation on the procedures of school safety.
- GANG PREVENTION is an interactive discussion on gangs, where they are, who they target for members and what to do as a parent.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF DRUG ABUSE trains parents to talk to children about alcohol and drugs.
- PRESCRIPTION MISUSE is a presentation regarding the misuse of prescription drugs and what to do as a parent.
School Informational Programs
- KUSD ONLINE RESOURCES to assist parents in helping their children with academics through available online resources
- PRINCIPAL MEET AND GREET allow students and families the chance to meet their new school principal prior to the start of the school year.
- SCHOOL OPEN HOUSES are offered prior to the school year to allow students to acclimate to their school setting.