Attended Kenosha public schools (K-12), Carthage College and Gateway Technical College. Children and grandchildren attend or attended Kenosha public schools.
Bachelor of Arts Degree-Accounting from Carthage College; Associate of Applied Science Degree-Accounting from Gateway Technical College; Account Clerk Diploma from Gateway Technical College; Mary D. Bradford High School.
- Retired President and Chief Executive Officer of the Urban League of Racine and Kenosha, Inc.
- Former Senior Accountant at Outboard Marine Corporation and SER Jobs for Progress.
- Former Executive Secretary at Commonwealth Edison, American Motors Corporation and Great Lakes Naval Base.
- Serves on the Environmental Justice Task Force of Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission.
- Former Executive Board Member and Treasurer of the Kenosha Community Health Center
- Tri-Chair and Coordinating Committee Chair of the Wisconsin Poor People’s Campaign
- Executive Board Member of WI League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) currently serving as Deputy State Director for Elderly; formerly served as State Director and National Board Member
- State Treasurer of Wisconsin NAACP State Conference of Branches
- Former President, Treasurer and Clerk of the KUSD’s Board of Education
- Former Executive Board Member of the Education Foundation of Kenosha (EFK)
- Former Treasurer, LULAC National Housing Commission
- Former Executive Board Member, Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Kenosha Co.
- Former Executive Board Member of the Spanish Centers of Racine and Kenosha
- Member, Rotary Club of Kenosha
- Member, American Association of University Women (AAUW)