Free materials, including advertising materials that fulfill a legitimate purpose of the District curriculum may be accepted for classroom use subject to the policies and rules of the District.
Free materials used for instructional purposes shall be aligned with the District’s standards and benchmarks prior to acceptance for classroom use.
LEGAL REF.: Wisconsin Statutes
- Sections 118.01 [Instructional program goals requirements]
- 118.27 [Gifts to the schools]
- 118.30 [Academic standards]
- 120.13 [Board power to do all things reasonable for the cause of education]
- 121.02(1)(i) [Instructional materials standard]
- 1400, Gifts, Grants and Bequests
- 1510, Advertising/Promotions
- 6610, Selection of Instructional Materials
- District Learning Content Standards and Benchmarks
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS: None
AFFIRMED: September 24, 1991
- February 25, 2003
- December 19, 2006