Community groups may use District equipment in District buildings provided that such use is identified in the facility use permit request or rental contract and is approved by the building principal.
No District equipment shall be used by any community group outside of the District building to which it is assigned without the specific written approval of the Superintendent and/or his/her designee.
LEGAL REF.: Wisconsin Statutes
- Section 120.13(17) [Board power; temporary use of district equipment]
- 1220, Cable Television
- 1330, Facilities Use
- 3800, Asset Management
- 3810, Employee Use of District Equipment (Other Than Technology Equipment)
- 3900, Insurance Management
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS: None
AFFIRMED: December 28, 1990
- February 25, 2003
- December 19, 2006
- February 27, 2018
Rule 1350 – Equipment Use by Community Groups
- Permission for use of District equipment by community groups in District buildings may be confined to that necessary for seating arrangements, microphones, audio-visual equipment and food services requirements.
- Permission to use other District equipment may be given by the building principal. The needs of the educational program and the sensitivity or scarcity of the equipment will be considered prior to granting approval for use.
- Permission for use of District equipment outside of District buildings shall be limited by the conditions cited above and shall be for a worthy community purpose as determined by the Superintendent and/or his/her designee.
- An equipment loan contract must be completed with appropriate approval signatures by the building principal and the Superintendent and/or his/her designee. The form must provide assurance that the borrowing party accepts full and unconditional responsibility for any equipment damage or loss and will reimburse the District within a reasonable time for the applicable repair/replacement cost. Equipment with replacement value of $1,000 or more must have the written approval of the Superintendent and/or his/her designee.