Approved Better Together 2021-22 plan
Below are links to the newly approved Better Together 2021-22 plan.
- Better Together 2021-22_English - Approved by the Board of Education 6/15/21
- Better Together 2021-22_Spanish - Approved by the Board of Education 6/15/21
- June 15, 2021, presentation containing plan overview and updates
Some things to note from the plan, which becomes effective July 1, 2021:
- Masks will be optional for all students and staff (this begins June 16 and includes Summer School)
- Reasonable effort to maximize 3-foot physical distancing
- Reasonable effort will be made to maximize space in classrooms
- Cleaning/disinfecting solution available for shared equipment and at teacher discretion
- Quarantine protocols include only the symptomatic individual (staff and students)
- No classwide quarantines
- Continued use of MERV 13 air filters districtwide
- Adjustments will be made as guidance evolves
- Beginning of year events = Virtual (e.g. Registration, Open Houses, Parent Conferences/Meetings)
- Field Trips
- Walking field trips to outdoor/community service-based locations allowable
- Single-day field trips to indoor locations may be considered with a safety approved plan, including for competitions (Cheer, FBLA, DECA, SMV, etc.)
- Overnight field trips are postponed until further notice
- Early Education (3K and 4K) will be held in person only
- Elementary students will remain with their classroom cohorts throughout the school day, including breakfast, lunch and recess
- Utilize the library, art room, and music room for instruction
- In-person after-school activities allowed for both in-person and virtual students with an approved written safety plan from each advisor and approved by building principal/designee
- Kenosha Unified K-5 Virtual Learning Program will be offered separate from each individual elementary school
- Teachers will teach from a variety of schools
- Students will be enrolled at the school where the teacher is located rather than their boundary school or choice/charter school
- Example: If student assigned virtual teacher at Frank Elementary, the student becomes a Frank Elementary student for the 2021-22 school year.
- Kenosha eSchool will be utilized for the virtual learning in grades 6-12
- eSchool is an asynchronous, or student-led, learning platform
- Families interested in the Kenosha Unified K-5 Virtual Learning Program or the 6-12 eSchool virtual learning option will be required to:
- Apply for admittance
- Informational sessions will be posted and offered (English and Spanish)
- An application will be shared with families during forthcoming parent information sessions
- June 21 @ 5:30 p.m.: K-5 virtual learning information session
- June 22 @ 10 a.m.: K-5 virtual learning information session
- June 22 @ 5:30 p.m.: 6-12 eSchool information session
- June 23 @ 10 a.m.: 6-12 eSchool information session
- Those choosing to apply for the K-5 program or eSchool are required to stay virtual for the entire school year.
Athletics registration for students for the 2021-22 school year is now open and must be completed in the ...
English Kenosha Unified School District is participating in the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) during COVID-19, a...