Kenosha Unified is proud to share that Bradford High School’s production of Violet received multiple 2020 Jerry Awards as outlined below:
- Holly Stanfield – Direction
- Kristen Singer – Musical Direction
- Holly Stanfield – Musical Direction
- Andrew Waters – Choreography
- Bryn Aehlich – Stage Management
- Jodi Williams – Scenic Design
- Rebecca Bartle – Lighting Design
- Holly Stanfield – Costume Design
- Eric Mielke – Sound Design
- Lead Performance – Emersen Smith (Violet)
- Supporting Performance – Tessa Kauzrich (Young Vi)
- Spirit Award – Bryn Aehlich
- Outstanding Musical – Production team
The Jerry Awards, one of Wisconsin’s High School Musical Awards Programs, encourages, recognizes and honors excellence in high school musical theater. The program began in the 2009/10 school year as the Tommy Awards, and was renamed in 2017/18 season to The Jerry Awards after philanthropist and arts supporter W. Jerome Frautschi. Educators and industry professionals review productions at more than 85 high schools in 30 counties around the state providing valuable feedback. The program elevates the importance of musical theater within high schools.
Due to the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Jerry Awards Show will be done virtually this year via the Jerry Awards Facebook page (and Overture Center Facebook page) on Sunday, June 7 at 7 p.m. The virtual awards show will include performances, group numbers and shout outs.