- Join 4-H! 4-H empowers youth, ages 5-19, through hands-on learning.
- Archery, clothing, fishing, foods, Legos, photography, rocketry, small animals, large animals, leadership, service, summer camp, travel, new friends, and more!
- 4-H Flier - English
- 4-H Flier - Spanish
- For more information on how to join, or to attend an upcoming information session, go to www.kenoshacounty4h.org
Active Parenting for Elementary School Families
Active Parenting is a six-week program designed to educate and inform parents about positive discipline, communicating, and building courage and character in their children. Join us for this six-week virtual presentation each Tuesday, beginning April 20, 2021 through May 25, 2021 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
Active Parenting (La Crianza Activa) es un programa de seis semanas diseñado para educar e informar a los padres sobre la disciplina positiva, la comunicación y la construcción de valor y carácter en sus hijos. Únase a nosotros para esta presentación virtual de seis
semanas todos los martes, a partir del 20 de abril de 2021 hasta el 25 de mayo de 2021 de 6:00 p.m. a 7:00 p.m.
Afterschool Enrichment Solutions
- Our virtual programs for K-8 enjoy phenomenal reviews! Chess, Spanish, STEM, Art, Drama, French, MusicStart and iCook
- We have brand new, specialized programs for 6-8th graders.
- Our Teens Tactical Thinking with Chess combines valuable life skills, emotional/social learning and Career Readiness topics while learning the ancient game of Chess!
- We also have popular virtual Escape Room experiences with problem solving, social fun! Many schools have been awarding this event to classrooms to incentivize goal setting and progress.
- Click here for a short video about AES/Chess Scholars!
Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
Before and After School Program at RecPlex
The RecPlex Before and After School Program provides transportation to and from school, as well as wide variety of activities for children to do before and after school including: gym games, outdoor play, swimming, arts and crafts and more!. The RecPlex also provides mid-day pick up for children attending K4 classes for only half the day.
Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Each child attending the Club needs a membership. Memberships are $20 per child per year or $30 per family per year. The fee is waived for all teen members (ages 13-18). Program areas of focus include education, leadership, recreation, health and life skills. A healthy meal or snack is served daily.
- Troha Youth Center & Tween Center
- Ages 6-9 and 10-12
- Teen Center
- Ages 13-18
- Laken Family Jefferson Elementary Extension
- Age 6 and up
- BGC Sports
- BGC Sports (part of Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha) offers youth sport leagues and clinics to kids ages 4 - 18. Adult leagues are also run in select sports.
- Boys & Girls Club information flier (PDF)
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha website
Bright by Text
- Bright by Text sends free activities, games, and resources right to your cell phone. Messages are targeted to your child’s age and include information on child development, language and early literacy, health and safety, behavioral tips, and more!
- Bright by Text is for anyone who cares for and loves a child between the ages of 0 and 8 - parents, grandparents, babysitters, aunties, uncles, neighbors, friends, teachers, and more.
- Sign up for Bright by Text
Building Our Future: Let’s Get Your Child Ready for Kindergarten!
- Let’s explore how you can help your child succeed in kindergarten – and beyond!
- Flier - Let’s Get Your Child Ready for Kindergarten (PDF)
Career Pathways Academy
- We are a nonprofit organization that is offering educational support at no cost for students at Brass Community School 5th grade, Bullen, Lincoln, Washington Middle Schools for all grades.
- Our contact number is: 224-372-0352.
- The offerings and classes will be provided until the end of the school year on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Students will need access to a computer and the internet.
- A parent or guardian will meet with a CPA staff member as part of the enrollment process and this will be done remotely. Students can be registered online here.
Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care
- Walk-in Pediatric Urgent Care from Children's Wisconsin (formerly Children' Hospital of Wisconsin) available in Kenosha 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
- Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care Brochure (PDF)
COVID-19 Community Vaccination Clinics
Kenosha County Call Center: 262-605-6799
For more information, visit www.kenoshacounty.org/vaccine
Interested in Cub Scouting? Join today.
- Pick a Cub Scout Pack to join at BEASCOUT.ORG
- If you have any questions, please contact Mary Kveton, Red Arrow District Executive at Mary.Kveton@Scouting.org
- Information flier
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at email@example.com or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
Everything Under the Sun
A youth and family activity guide of things to do in the Kenosha area.
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Lake Behavioral Hospital - Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment
- Adolescents, adults, seniors, specialized women's program
- No-cost confidential assessments
- 844-980-9000 - available 24/7
- Lake Behavioral Hospital website
- Information flier
Mayor’s Youth Commission Award
The Mayor’s Youth Commission is dedicated to the recognition of outstanding youth of Kenosha. The program seeks to recognize youth in our community under the age of 21 for their activities or achievements, ranging from helping others to helping themselves.
The Commission will review nominations based on the youth’s activities or accomplishments in community service, safety, patriotism, environmental concern, sports, volunteerism, church activities, and/or outstanding academic success.
Awards are given on a quarterly basis. All award winners will receive a congratulatory certificate from the Mayor and will be invited to a Common Council meeting to receive their award from the Mayor and Common Council President.
Scholarships from the Educational Foundation of Kenosha
Applications due by March 15, 2021.
More information can be found at educationfoundationkenosha.org/scholarships
- Don Hoferitza Memorial Scholarship
- Playford V. Thorson, III Family Memorial Scholarship (For McKinley, Lincoln, or Washington Middle School)
- Adam Gundlach Memorial Scholarship
- Education Foundation Scholarship (All Majors)
- Education Foundation Scholarship (Education Majors)
- Emma Nepper Memorial Scholarship
- Harry & Laverne Brookhouse Scholarship
- Mary Zicarelli Memorial Scholarship
- Peter Ploskee, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Victoria Jones Memorial Scholarship
- Tremper Booster Club Scholarship
- Olivia MacKay College Study Abroad Memorial Scholarship
- Olivia MacKay High School Study Abroad Memorial Scholarship
- Noelle Naylor Memorial Scholarship
Sylvan Learning Center of Kenosha
- Guidelines and offerings during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
UW-Milwaukee Italian Early College Credit Program
- The Early College Credit Program at UWM allows students to get a head start on college by earning college credit while still enrolled in high school.
- This is a great opportunity for Juniors and Seniors in WI High Schools to get early college credit and to study "la Bella lingua Italiana".
- More information - Early College Credit Program (PDF)
Voices of Wisconsin Students Project
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the Medical College of Wisconsin, and the Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners are providing Wisconsin youth an opportunity to share thoughts, concerns, and insights on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on students.
The Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners will conduct a series of 20 small group discussions using Zoom with Wisconsin middle and high school students this month and next month.
The Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners will gather information about how students are coping; identify challenges, as well as examples of success and resilience; and obtain feedback about students’ learning experiences. This project will help the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, school leaders, and community organizations improve and implement services, programs, and supports for Wisconsin youth.
For more information and to register for one of the small group discussions, visit the Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners website.
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|Before and After School Program at RecPlex||recplex-before-after-school.pdf|
|Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha||boys-girls-club.pdf|
|Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care||childrens-urgent-care.pdf|
|Sylvan - COVID-19 guidelines and offerings||sylvan-covid.pdf|
|UW-Milwaukee Italian Early College Credit Program||uwm-early-college-credit.pdf|
|Everything Under the Sun||everything-under-the-sun.pdf|
|Mayor’s Youth Commission Award - information||myc-cover.pdf|
|Mayor’s Youth Commission Award - nomination form||myc-form.docx|
|Career Pathways Academy||career-pathways-academy.pdf||career-pathways-academy-sp.pdf|
|Let’s Get Your Child Ready for Kindergarten!||bof-k-readiness.pdf|
|Covid-19 Vaccine Call Center||vaccine-call-center.pdf||vaccine-call-center-sp.pdf|
|Afterschool Enrichment Solutions - Elementary||aes-elementary.pdf|
|Afterschool Enrichment Solutions - High||aes-high.pdf|
|Neighborhood Clean Up||neighborhood-clean-up.pdf||neighborhood-clean-up-sp.pdf|