- Join 4-H! 4-H empowers youth, ages 5-19, through hands-on learning.
- Archery, clothing, fishing, foods, Legos, photography, rocketry, small animals, large animals, leadership, service, summer camp, travel, new friends, and more!
- 4-H Flier - English
- 4-H Flier - Spanish
- For more information on how to join, or to attend an upcoming information session, go to www.kenoshacounty4h.org
Adult Day Services - Easterseals
Easterseals Adult Day Service is designed to preserve independence, increase socialization, and enhance the quality of life of our participants and their caregivers. Choosing the right day program can be challenging; Easterseals is here to support and welcome you into one of our Adult Day programs.
To make a referral or to request additional information, please contact Rachel Simon, Respite Services Manager at (414) 550-2790.
Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
Before and After School Program at RecPlex
The RecPlex Before and After School Program provides transportation to and from school, as well as wide variety of activities for children to do before and after school including: gym games, outdoor play, swimming, arts and crafts and more!. The RecPlex also provides mid-day pick up for children attending K4 classes for only half the day.
Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Each child attending the Club needs a membership. Memberships are $20 per child per year or $30 per family per year. The fee is waived for all teen members (ages 13-18). Program areas of focus include education, leadership, recreation, health and life skills. A healthy meal or snack is served daily.
- Troha Youth Center & Tween Center
- Ages 6-9 and 10-12
- Teen Center
- Ages 13-18
- Laken Family Jefferson Elementary Extension
- Age 6 and up
- BGC Sports
- BGC Sports (part of Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha) offers youth sport leagues and clinics to kids ages 4 - 18. Adult leagues are also run in select sports.
- Boys & Girls Club information flier (PDF)
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha website
Bright by Text
- Bright by Text sends free activities, games, and resources right to your cell phone. Messages are targeted to your child’s age and include information on child development, language and early literacy, health and safety, behavioral tips, and more!
- Bright by Text is for anyone who cares for and loves a child between the ages of 0 and 8 - parents, grandparents, babysitters, aunties, uncles, neighbors, friends, teachers, and more.
- Sign up for Bright by Text
Building Our Future
Let's Get Your Child Ready for Kindergarten!
You might be surprised to learn that being ready for kindergarten doesn't mean teaching your child math and reading. Rather, your child is ready for kindergarten when they have developed a love of learning and are curious to learn new things. Helping your child prepare for kindergarten will help them have a more positive and successful experience in school. In this video, explore how you can help your child succeed in kindergarten - and beyond!
¡Preparemos a Su Hijo(a) para el Jardín de Niños!
Quizás le sorprenda saber que estar preparado(a) para el jardín de niños no significa enseñar a su hijo(a) matemáticas y lectura. Más bien, su hijo(a) estará listo(a) para el jardín de niños cuando haya desarrollado un amor por el aprendizaje y muestre curiosidad por aprender cosas nuevas. Ayudar a su niño(a) a prepararse para el jardín de niños le ayudará a tener una experiencia más positiva y exitosa en la escuela.
Career Pathways Academy - Summer Programs
- We are offering our help for all students to rise above the circumstances that have impacted their education due to COVID-19. We will have summer programs (online) available to help students.
- Registration: Students from all KUSD elementary, middle and high schools. Registration is free. Parents may register online using this link: https://career-pathways-academy.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?id=51997
- Career Pathways Academy - English flyer (PDF)
- Career Pathways Academy - Spanish flyer (PDF)
- Career Pathways Academy website
Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care
- Walk-in Pediatric Urgent Care from Children's Wisconsin (formerly Children' Hospital of Wisconsin) available in Kenosha 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
- Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care Brochure (PDF)
Community Outreach Event - Oct. 2
- Multi-Agency Community Outreach Event - Saturday October 2, 2021 from 10 am to 2pm
- Location: Redeemer Parkside Church 2620 14th Place Kenosha (across from the Northside Library/ Piggly Wiggly)
- Basic health and dental screenings available onsite
- Energy Assistance is offering 12-month COPAYMENT agreements
- Energy Assistance applications available too!
- Seminar on tips for how to protect yourself from scams
- UMOS Community Outreach Event Flyer (PDF)
Interested in Cub Scouting? Join today.
- Pick a Cub Scout Pack to join at BEASCOUT.ORG
- If you have any questions, please contact Mary Kveton, Red Arrow District Executive at Mary.Kveton@Scouting.org
- Information flier
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at email@example.com or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
Everything Under the Sun
A youth and family activity guide of things to do in the Kenosha area.
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Free Classes to Learn English at Gateway
- Gateway's ELL program offers instruction in reading, vocabulary, writing, grammar, listening and speaking.
- Classes meet two days a week.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Gateway ELL Information Flyer (PDF)
- Join a virtual troop and engage in a variety of exciting activities of your choice.
Meetings are biweekly in the afternoon staring at 3:00pm, or in the evenings at 6:00pm.
Girls can choose the most convenient session to attend and they can join at any time.
Troops are starting the week of September 20, 2021.
To register, go to https://form.jotform.com/212524127791151
- Girl Scouts Information Flyer (PDF)
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
Kenosha Community Health Center
High-quality, affordable health care for all. Visit KCHC online.
Back to School Annual Physical Appointments
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Lacrosse Clinic - Oct. 3
- For boys and girls grades 3-12
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. at Lance Middle School
- No experience needed
- Equipment provided
- Register online at Kenosha Raptors website
- Lacrosse Clinic flyer - English (PDF)
- Lacrosse Clinic flyer - Spanish (PDF)
Lake Behavioral Hospital - Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment
- Adolescents, adults, seniors, specialized women's program
- No-cost confidential assessments
- 844-980-9000 - available 24/7
- Lake Behavioral Hospital website
- Information flier
Need Help with English? / Want to Learn English?
Even Start Family Literacy Program
For families who reside in the Kenosha Unified School District attendance area.
- Adult education provides parents with basic skills, including English, life skills and the opportunity to earn a high school credential.
- Parent education provides parents with a wide variety of learning topics, including parenting strategies, how to be advocates and role models for their children and strategies to support their children’s learning.
Sylvan Learning Center of Kenosha
- Guidelines and offerings during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
UW-Milwaukee Italian Early College Credit Program
- The Early College Credit Program at UWM allows students to get a head start on college by earning college credit while still enrolled in high school.
- This is a great opportunity for Juniors and Seniors in WI High Schools to get early college credit and to study "la Bella lingua Italiana".
- More information - Early College Credit Program (PDF)
Voices of Wisconsin Students Project
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the Medical College of Wisconsin, and the Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners are providing Wisconsin youth an opportunity to share thoughts, concerns, and insights on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on students.
The Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners will conduct a series of 20 small group discussions using Zoom with Wisconsin middle and high school students this month and next month.
The Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners will gather information about how students are coping; identify challenges, as well as examples of success and resilience; and obtain feedback about students’ learning experiences. This project will help the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, school leaders, and community organizations improve and implement services, programs, and supports for Wisconsin youth.
For more information and to register for one of the small group discussions, visit the Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service Research Partners website.