Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
Before and After School Program at RecPlex
The RecPlex Before and After School Program provides transportation to and from school, as well as wide variety of activities for children to do before and after school including: gym games, outdoor play, swimming, arts and crafts and more!. The RecPlex also provides mid-day pick up for children attending K4 classes for only half the day.
Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Each child attending the Club needs a membership. Memberships are $20 per child per year or $30 per family per year. The fee is waived for all teen members (ages 13-18). Program areas of focus include education, leadership, recreation, health and life skills. A healthy meal or snack is served daily.
- Troha Youth Center & Tween Center
- Ages 6-9 and 10-12
- Teen Center
- Ages 13-18
- Laken Family Jefferson Elementary Extension
- Age 6 and up
- BGC Sports
- BGC Sports (part of Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha) offers youth sport leagues and clinics to kids ages 4 - 18. Adult leagues are also run in select sports.
- Boys & Girls Club information flier (PDF)
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha website
Bright by Text
- Bright by Text sends free activities, games, and resources right to your cell phone. Messages are targeted to your child’s age and include information on child development, language and early literacy, health and safety, behavioral tips, and more!
- Bright by Text is for anyone who cares for and loves a child between the ages of 0 and 8 - parents, grandparents, babysitters, aunties, uncles, neighbors, friends, teachers, and more.
- Sign up for Bright by Text
Building Our Future
Together we’re better: Our purpose is clear at Building Our Future
A community in which every child has the opportunity and support structure to succeed in school and in life – regardless of race, ethnicity, ZIP code or income.
That is Building Our Future’s vision for Kenosha County, and it’s an objective that we’re excited to outline and celebrate in our newly published 2019 Impact Report.
Building Our Future is a network of community leaders representing all sectors of our community – public and private – committed to improving student outcomes.
- Census in the classroom
- Census 101 - English (PDF)
- Census 101 - Spanish (PDF)
- How you will be invited to participate in the 2020 Census (PDF)
- Confidentiality and the Census (PDF)
- Census and education - English (PDF)
- Census and education - Spanish (PDF)
Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care
- Walk-in Pediatric Urgent Care from Children's Wisconsin (formerly Children' Hospital of Wisconsin) available in Kenosha 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
- Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care Brochure (PDF)
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha County Parks
- Activity Guide (PDF)
- For more information about upcoming events or the Kenosha County Parks, visit the Kenosha County Parks website
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
The Mobile Market is a grocery store on wheels that travels throughout Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha Counties to visit neighborhoods and communities that have limited access to fresh and healthy foods. Everyone is welcome at the Mobile Market.
- EVERYTHING 25% OFF!
- Use your QUEST/EBT Card, Debit or Credit Card (no cash accepted).
- Visit Hunger Task Force for more information.
- February 2020 schedule (PDF)
- Dates/Times subject to change.
Sylvan Learning Center of Kenosha
- Guidelines and offerings during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
UW-Milwaukee Italian Early College Credit Program
- The Early College Credit Program at UWM allows students to get a head start on college by earning college credit while still enrolled in high school.
- This is a great opportunity for Juniors and Seniors in WI High Schools to get early college credit and to study "la Bella lingua Italiana".
- More information - Early College Credit Program (PDF)
|Census 101: What you need to know||census-101.pdf||census-101-sp.pdf|
|Census and education||census-eduation.pdf||census-eduation-sp.pdf|
|The 2020 Census and Confidentiality||census-confidentiality.pdf|
|How the 2020 Census will invite everyone to respond||census-invites-everyone.pdf|
|Census: Why We Ask||census-why.pdf|
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|Before and After School Program at RecPlex||recplex-before-after-school.pdf|
|Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha||boys-girls-club.pdf|
|Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care||childrens-urgent-care.pdf|
|UW-Milwaukee Italian Early College Credit Program||uwm-early-college-credit.pdf|
|Kenosha Mobile Market||mobile-market.pdf|
|Sylvan - COVID-19 guidelines and offerings||sylvan-covid.pdf|
|Census - Kenosha Be Counted Week - Aug. 23-29||census-be-counted-week.pdf|