The Kenosha Unified School District Board of Education met in executive session on Monday, Aug. 8, to review the applications submitted to fill the position of superintendent of schools. The search for a new superintendent is being led by the Wisconsin Association of School Boards and has been underway since earlier this year.
Of the applications received by the July 20 deadline, six initial applicants were chosen to move forward to the first round of interviews to be held on August 17 and 18. Following the first round of interviews, the Board intends to identify the final slate of candidates deemed qualified to hold the position of superintendent; the final slate will then be publicly announced. In accordance with state law and in an effort to honor applicants’ wishes, names will not be released until final candidates have been selected to move forward to the final round of interviews to be held on Tuesday, Sept. 6.
The timeline for the ongoing search is as follows:
- Application deadline – July 20, 2022
- Board of Education review of applications – Aug. 8, 2022
- First round of interviews with the Board of Education and KUSD Leadership Council – Aug. 17 and 18, 2022
- Final round of Board of Education interviews – Sept. 6, 2022
- Community forum/feedback sessions – Sept. 6, 2022
- Details regarding when and where these will be held will be forthcoming
- Final selection by the Board of Education – No later than Sept. 7 or 8, 2022
When a final candidate is selected, a contract will be negotiated and the candidate will be brought before the Board of Education in a public meeting for formal approval. The date and time of this meeting has not been set. The start date will be negotiated along with the terms and conditions of the contract.