Ms. Yolanda Adams
Attended Kenosha public schools (K-12), Carthage College and Gateway Technical College. Children and grandchildren attend or attended Kenosha public schools.
Bachelor of Arts Degree-Accounting from Carthage College; Associate of Applied Science Degree-Accounting from Gateway Technical College; Account Clerk Diploma from Gateway Technical College; Mary D. Bradford High School.
- Retired President and Chief Executive Officer of the Urban League of Racine and Kenosha, Inc.
- Former Senior Accountant at Outboard Marine Corporation and SER Jobs for Progress.
- Former Executive Secretary at Commonwealth Edison, American Motors Corporation and Great Lakes Naval Base.
- Serves on the Environmental Justice Task Force of Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission.
- Former Executive Board Member and Treasurer of the Kenosha Community Health Center
- Tri-Chair and Coordinating Committee Chair of the Wisconsin Poor People’s Campaign
- Executive Board Member of WI League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) currently serving as Deputy State Director for Elderly; formerly served as State Director and National Board Member
- State Treasurer of Wisconsin NAACP State Conference of Branches
- Former President, Treasurer and Clerk of the KUSD’s Board of Education
- Former Executive Board Member of the Education Foundation of Kenosha (EFK)
- Former Treasurer, LULAC National Housing Commission
- Former Executive Board Member, Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Kenosha Co.
- Former Executive Board Member of the Spanish Centers of Racine and Kenosha
- Member, Rotary Club of Kenosha
- Member, American Association of University Women (AAUW)
Mr. Todd Battle
Todd Battle is the President of the Kenosha Area Business Alliance (KABA), a role he has held since joining the organization in April of 2004. KABA is a public-private partnership that serves as Kenosha County’s economic development organization. In his role as President, Todd is responsible for leading KABA’s economic and community development initiatives which focus on business attraction, retention and expansion, economic development financing, and talent development. Prior to his current position, the Michigan native spent six years in leadership positions with economic development organizations in Iron Mountain and Muskegon, MI. He’s a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Central Michigan University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science Degree with a political science major and an economics minor. He and his wife Katie reside in Kenosha, WI. They are the proud parents of two beautiful daughters, Cameron (10) and Darby (9). Todd has been active in the Kenosha community. He previously served on the Board of Trustees of Gateway Technical Collage and is currently a member of the Board of Directors for Froedtert South (formerly known as United Hospital System), a non-profit regional medical center based in Kenosha. Interests outside of work, family, and community service include golf and fitness. Todd is also an avid sports fan.
- President of the Kenosha Area Business Alliance 2004 – Current
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate of Central Michigan University; Political Science (Public Administration) – Major; Economics – Minor
- Gateway Technical College Board of Trustees – former member
- Froedtert South Board of Directors – current member
- Married to Katie Battle, KUSD Teacher
- Two Daughters in KUSD Schools
Mr. Tony Garcia
- Extensive and diverse experience in community relations, civic affairs and educational service in Southeast Wisconsin.
- Attended KUSD schools (5-12). Graduated from Bradford High School.
- Bachelors of Arts from Carthage College Kenosha, WI. International business and Major in Spanish (1995).
- Bilingual Teacher Certification Rockford College, Rockford IL (2007)
- Masters of Education Rockford College, Rockford IL (2008)
- Confirmation of Completion of the Program for the #51 Principal’s Licensure Concordia University, Mequon, WI (2012)
- Wisconsin Association for Bilingual Education: Former Board of Directors (2007-2009)
- Kenosha Unified School District Ad Hoc Bullying Committee policy group. (2014-2015)
- Vice President Elected ( 2011-2016) LULAC Council 320 Kenosha “League of United Latin American Citizen”
- Former Kenosha County Board Supervisor, District #20 (Elected 1995, Re-elected 1997)
- Former Member: Human Service, Judiciary and Law Committees
- Former Chairperson: Kenosha County Gang Prevention Program (1996-1998), Spanish Center of Kenosha Board of Directors, President (1995-2001)
- Former Member: Kenosha Boys & Girls Club Board of Directors (1993-1995), Kenosha United Way Board of Directors (1993-1995)
- Award and Recognition: Distinguished Alumni Service Award: Carthage College Alumni Association (1999)
- Married to Loreta Garcia
- Daughter and son graduated from KUSD schools.
Ms. Mary Modder
- Bachelor of Political Science, International Politics, Certification in Broadfield Social Studies, and History, UW-Parkside
- Certification in Special Education, Master of Education, UW-Whitewater
- Additional course work in Communication, Life Space Crises Intervention, etc. from Carthage College, UW-Parkside
- KUSD Substitute Teacher
- Taught Special Education, Bridges and Social Studies at McKinley Junior High
- Taught Special Education at Bullen Middle School
- Release Time President of Kenosha Education Association
- Taught Special Education at Southport Elementary - retired in 2014
- Taught Reading Intervention at Southport Elementary (part-time)
- Kenosha Labor Person of the year
- Theodora Youman’s Award from Kenosha Junior Women’s Club
- President of American Association of University Women- Kenosha
- AAUW-WI State Policy Chair
- Co-Owner of Southeastern Wisconsin Labor Times
- Member KEA, KEA-Retired, WEAC, NEA-Retired, Kenosha Unity Coalition, Kenosha Women’s Network, LULAC
- St. John’s Lutheran Church Council Vice President
- Married to Marvin R. Modder
- 5 sons, all KUSD graduates
- 9 grandchildren
Dr. Todd Alan Price
Dr. Todd Alan Price is a member of the Professors of Curriculum Society and President of the American Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies. He serves as a board member on the Illinois Association of Colleges for Teacher Education where he advocates on behalf of teacher education. Dr. Price is Director of the Curriculum, Advocacy and Policy major in the Teaching and Learning EDD program, in the National College of Education, National Louis University, where he advises students and supports their dissertation completion. He teaches Curriculum Theory: Contemporary Issues and Practices,Critical Policy Analysis, and Social Justice Perspectives on the History and Philosophy of American Education. His research includes teacher preparation, civic education, and studies in international education.
- Thirty years in higher education, tenured professor
- Served in the American Association for University Professors
- Served on the Curriculum and Programming committee
- Attended KUSD schools, graduated from Tremper High School
- Two sons attending Lincoln Middle School and Tremper High School
- Married to Ginger Price, KUSD Substitute Teacher
- Parent supporter of Scouts BSA, two sons in Troop 533
- Volunteer with the Wisconsin Public Education Network
- Author of several educational research articles, chapters, and books
Ms. Rebecca Stevens
- Attended KUSD schools, Graduated from Bradford High School
- Former KUSD Parent Liaison McKinley Elementary
- Past PTSA President Bradford High School
- Past PTO President McKinley Elementary
- Former Healthy Communities/Healthy Youth Committee member and Secretary
- Former KABA Mentor
- Former Strengthening Families Program Presenter
- Former Girl and Boy Scout leader
- Former Parent Network Organizer
- Business background in management, customer service and public relations
- Served on the following board committees: Planning/Facilities/Equipment, Curriculum/Instruction, Personnel/Policy, Audit/Budget/Finance, Talent Development Elementary committee, M.A.A.R.C. Advisory committee
- Former Foster Parent turned Adoptive Parent
- Parent and Grandparent
- Twelve years of service on the school board
- Twelve years working for non-profits to serve and support those in need in our community
- Served as President and Vice President of the school board
- Chaired the school board Anti Bullying committee which was formed to address bullying prevention in our schools
Mr. Dan Wade
- Lifelong resident of Kenosha
- Attended KUSD schools (K-12). Graduated from Bradford High School
- All 4 children attended KUSD. 2 Grandchildren currently attending KUSD
- Associate Degree – Business Management, Gateway Technical College
- Attended UW-Parkside
- Retired Chief of Police (1997-2007), City of Kenosha
- Former President - Kenosha Professional Police Association
- Former President - Kenosha Police Supervisory Officers Association
- Former Board member - State of Wisconsin Police Executive Group Legislation Committee
- Former Board member – Boys and Girl Club
- Former Board member – Alcohol and other Drug Counsel
- Former Board member – Every Child’s Place
- Former Board member – Congressman Paul Ryan’s Police Advisory Committee