College Credit Opportunities

Students can earn college credit in high school at no to little cost.

Academies / Gateway

A series of college classes taught by college instructors for high school students taught on college campus. The academy program is designed to lead to certification/associate degree in a particular program. Academies are open to Junior and Seniors only; must apply March 1 of Sophomore or Junior Year to be eligible for following year. Click here to attend an informational night.  Below is information on the three academy programs available:

Academy Program Information & Application

Applications are due to the high school counselor March 1 for preceding year of enrollment.

AP Courses

AP Courses are college courses taught by high school teacher in the high school classroom; Bradford AP Courses (PDF). Students have the option to take an AP test in the spring; college credit is usually awarded with a score of 3 or higher out of 5. Register to take an AP test.

Contracted Services/ Gateway

College Course taught by a college instructor located at a KUSD location. Application is required; 1 college credit = .25 high school credit.

  • Certified Nursing Assistant Application This course prepares students to perform basic supportive skills in caring for patients in various health care settings. This class provides classroom and laboratory instruction and clinical experience in a nursing home or hospital. Graduates are awarded a certificate upon passing the state test and are placed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry. Students must have had Exploring Health Occupations or Medical Terminology AND a 15+ on ACT reading or 237 on Accuplacer/Reading. Application required.

CLEP- College Level Examination Program

Placement tests at the college /university that a student may earn toward retro credit in a subject based on knowledge of content.

Dual Enrollment—Start College Now & Early College Credit

Take classes at a 2 year college under Start College Now (SCN)  or a 4 year university under Early College Credit (ECC) and earn high school and college credit (1 college credit = .25 high school credit).   Student must be in good standing; open to grades 9-12.  A maximum of 18 college credits can be earned while in high school.   Application is required; KUSD covers the cost of approved class.  Apply by Oct 1 for spring courses (semester 2); March 1 for Fall (semester 1) courses and February 1 for summer courses. Confused?  Click HERE for step-by-step directions.

Transcripted Courses

College comparable courses offered in high school taught by certified high school teachers.  Sign up during registration; courses are identified with an #.  Typically, students need to earn a C or better in the class to receive college credit.

Current list of classes

Herzing High School Transition Program : Herzing offers courses in Nursing, Allied Health, Public Safety and Business thru their High School Transition Program.  It is open to Juniors and Seniors with a GPA 2.5 or above. Limit ONE class.