- NO SCHOOL – Friday, January 22nd – End of Quarter – Teacher Workday
- Sophomores and Juniors interested in taking College Classes (ECCP) at Carthage, Gateway, Herzing or Parkside in the Fall of 2021 are reminded that applications are due to your counselor March 1. Paperwork must be TYPED and you must meet all of the prerequisites. If you have questions email Ms. Schroeder firstname.lastname@example.org or your counselor.
- LIVE STREAM OUR HOME EVENTS – “NEW” for Basketball and Wrestling. Click HERE to visit NFHS Network to live stream our Home Games (Paid subscription is required).
- As a result of the Kenosha Unified School Board’s vote, the following will be taking place:
– Students who are designated as “virtual” will remain virtual learners and no change will be taking place.
– Students with an alternative learning plan may continue to attend in-person.
– Students whose families have opted for “in-person” will return to Indian Trail on Monday, January 25th.
- The application packet for the CNA Program is now available. Students must type and sign the application and turn it in to their counselor ASAP as the course begins Feb. 1. If you have questions contact Ms. Schroeder or your counselor.
- CLICK HERE to take a virtual tour through Indian Trail High School and Academy!
- RISING EDUCATORS PROGRAM
Juniors and Seniors who are interested in the field of education there is an opportunity for you take a class at Carthage that will set you on your way now. You will earn college and high school credit. The program is called Rising Educators and it is designed to introduce high school students to the introductory courses in the education program at Carthage and Parkside. You will earn the credits and it is free to you. You need to fill out and sign the application and return it to your counselor. The deadline to turn in applications is January 5. See your counselor if you have any questions. Click HERE to use the type in form.
- The 2020-21 news staff of Indian Trail’s award-winning newspaper, The Pulse, has relaunched its news site with a new look and new content that covers community news, teen views, school sports, entertainment, and plenty of photos, comics, poetry and illustrations. Check out The Pulse at https://www.kusd.edu/indiantrailpulse or go to the Quick Links menu bar here on Indian Trail’s homepage.
- IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE INFORMATION – Parents—So that your child can be marked with a medical absence code, please remember to get a note from your child’s doctor or dentist after an appointment. If your student attends In-Person schooling, he/she may bring the note to the Attendance Office located in the Main Office. In-Person and Virtual students my fax or email the note to either: Janet Leiting, Attendance Secretary: Fax: 262-359-8756; Email: email@example.com OR Heidi Newberry, Attendance Dean: Fax: 262-359-8756; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ATTENTION HAWKS! – Watch Indian Trail Sporting Events streamed live by Justagame Web Services!
- Calling all businesses! KUSD is looking for 60 businesses willing to hire Youth Apprentice students in our community. If you are interested in helping our students learn more about career options, please contact Cheryl Kothe, KUSD career and technical education coordinator, at 262-359-6313 today! Watch the video to hear from business owners and students about this amazing program.
- Parents/guardians must opt-in to receive text messages from KUSD regarding important updates, such as school closures, emergencies and more.
1. Add or update your cellphone number on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal or app.
2. Click the three lines > “More” > “Family Information” > “Update” next to cellphone
3. Reply Y or YES to the opt-in text you should receive within 24-48 hours.
4. If you do not receive an opt-in text, simply send Y or YES to 67587 to complete registration.
Not sure if you previously opted in? Simply send Y or YES to 67587 and you will be set.
NOTE: You only have to opt-in once, you do not have to do this on an annual basis. The only time you need to complete the process again is if your phone number has changed. If you are experiencing issues, please call our Help Desk at 359-7700.
- SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING: If you hear or see someone exhibiting the behaviors listed in the flyer, please notify a parent, teacher, principal, counselor, police officer or any other trusted adult. Your sharing could save the lives of others. If you see or hear something, say something! Wisconsin’s Act 311 generally states that any individual who makes real or false claims regarding shootings, bomb threats or to cause any other bodily harm to others is guilty of a Class I felony. Any form of threat against the school, staff or students will be taken seriously and disciplinary action will be imposed if someone is guilty of such threats.
- OpenEd is a “smart library” of resources that can be used to prepare for your next ACT exam. By entering your ACT scores, this will provide resources tailored to your individual strengths and challenges. ACT has provided this service to Wisconsin at no cost to its students.
- Tdap Requirements for Middle and High School Students. The Wisconsin Student Immunization law requires that all students entering the 6th grade receive a dose of Tdap vaccine. To be compliant with the school law, parents must provide their child’s school with proof of immunization or claim a waiver.
Downloads and Forms
- Daily Bell Schedule 2020-2021
- Student Parking Registration Form 2020-2021
- ITHSA Student Handbook 2020-2021
- Return 2020 School Safety Video
- Return 2020 Bus Safety Video
- FAQ 2020-2021 School Year
- Communications Academy Freshmen Supply List 2020-2021
- Student Dress Code
- Kenosha County Division of Health Immunization Services
- Home-Prepared Foods Memo
- Traffic and Parking Information
- Sick Day Guidelines
- Prearranged Absence Form
- Attendance for Life
Earn HAWK TALONS, Win Great Prizes! Here’s How!
STUDENTS: Did you know that you can earn rewards for positive behavior?
Students who go above and beyond in demonstrating the Hawk Habits during the school day may receive Hawk Talon cards from teachers or other staff members.