Congratulations to Allison Johnson, Oren Jankiewicz, Alana Harris and John Franc for winning the KUSD Kindness Award.
Wisconsin requires all 11th-grade students to participate in the ACT assessments, which are scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 20, and Thursday, Feb. 21. The following modifications apply to the high school busing schedules for Feb. 20 and 21. Please note that certain schools have specific adjustments, and you may contact your building for further information.
FEB. 20 AND 21 ARRIVAL PLANS:
- Only 11th-grade students should attend on Feb. 20 and 21
- ****There is no school for 9th-, 10th- or 12th-grade students****
- Harborside students in grades 6-8, as well as all other elementary and middle school students, will arrive at the usual time
- High school a.m. bus routes will pick up 11th-grade students at their usual time, except:
- Hillcrest students will be picked up 35 minutes earlier than usual
- Hillcrest students need to report by 8:15 a.m.
- Reuther’s start time will be 7:30 a.m., rather than the usual 7:50 a.m.
FEB. 20 DEPARTURE PLANS:
- LakeView and Harborside shuttles will depart at 12:40 p.m.
- Reuther will dismiss at 12:55 p.m.
- Yellow buses and city buses will depart from Bradford, Indian Trail and Tremper at 1 p.m.
- Hillcrest will depart at 1:45 p.m.
FEB. 21 DEPARTURE PLANS:
- LakeView and Harborside shuttles will depart at 11:40 a.m.
- Reuther will dismiss at 11:40 a.m.
- Yellow buses and city buses will depart from Bradford, Indian Trail and Tremper at 12 p.m.
- Hillcrest will depart at 12:45 p.m.
For an Enrollment Application to attend Reuther click link below –
An Interview will be set up once your application is received. If you have any questions, contact Alicia Chapa at (262) 359-6138. For more information on Reuther’s Programs, click here
Career Cruising is a free web-based tool that allows students to explore their interests and skills that connect them with career aspirations. Every 6 – 12 grade student across the state of Wisconsin will have an Academic Career Plan (ACP) and be familiar with the tools to make informed choices about education after graduation and training as it leads to careers. Career Cruising is our KUSD tool that students use for this planning.
Students will complete activities that are defined as portfolio standards at each grade level with help from their school counselor and teachers. These activities will include online learning style inventories, career match ideas, and exploring careers based on the education after graduation they desire. The activities will also include creating a personal portfolio, interacting with a person in their career interest and attending career-based experiences the school helps connect. At every moment in the process, students are encouraged to adjust their career interest based on information they explore and experiences they complete.
Parents/guardians are invited by their child through Career Cruising to view their child’s portfolio. It allows for meaningful dialogue and an opportunity to work on this online tool together. Parents can also gain access to the Parent Portal of Career Cruising by contacting the school counselor for an access code.
Click 2019 Reuther Yearbook 2019 Reuther Yearbook and order online with credit card – Cost $35.
If you prefer to pay with cash or check, pick up an order form in the Reuther Main Office.
Wisconsin Act 311 – Information Regarding Making Threats Against a School
It is imperative that parents and guardians are aware of a new state statute enacted in April 2016 that creates the crime of terrorist threats. Act 311 generally states that any individual who makes real or false claims regarding shootings, bomb threats or to cause any other bodily harm to others is guilty of a Class I felony. Since its enactment, local law enforcement has started charging individuals, including students, in line with Act 311 if they have made threats against our schools. Making threats is not a joking matter and individuals may face fines and/or imprisonment for their actions, whether intentional or not. Please speak to your children about the severity of making threats and the toll it will take on their future if they choose to make such a terrible choice. Learn more: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2015/related/lcactmemo/act311.
Click on the button below to follow us on Twitter!
Look for us under @ReutherBulldogs!
Don’t just wish the world was a better place… Help make it one.
Volunteer now and earn community service hours for graduation.