LakeView Technology Academy (LTA) is a choice school that specializes in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education, which operates within the Kenosha Unified School District (KUSD). What once was a response to overcrowding in the KUSD high schools and starting with 90 freshmen in 1997, has grown to more than quadruple in student population and become a valued partner to the Kenosha Area Business Alliance (KABA) and Gateway Technical College (GTC).
The curriculum at LakeView is present-focused and future-driven. This encompasses a mixture of traditional lecture instruction and hands-on, project-based learning. It is the goal of the staff to provide education of high standard and rigor while also making the lessons learned and experiences had to be be applicable beyond high school. Because of which, the students graduating from LakeView are able to enter the workforce directly as technically-trained staff or continue their education in college with as much as a year’s worth of credit already completed.
We welcome you to contact us and visit our campus!
LakeView Quick Facts
- LakeView’s Pathways: Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology/Computer Science, and Biomedical Sciences.
- The school maintains an enrollment of approximately 400 freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- The school has strong ties to local business and industry, and a partnership with Gateway Technical College.
- Students have several dual-credit opportunities on campus. Students can earn up to 30 credits with Gateway Technical College prior to graduation.
- Many of our courses are taught in 90-minute blocks.
- Students can participate in band, choir, or orchestra at Harborside Academy.
- Students can participate in sports through their boundary school.
The mission of LakeView Technology Academy is to empower students to succeed by providing in-depth technical educational experiences, preparing students to be competitive in an ever-changing marketplace.
LakeView Technology Academy is an innovative high school that specializes in the technical and scientific fields, in order to prepare students for a variety of career and college pathways in a personalized setting with rigorous yet flexible programming.
As a collaborative community of learners we value:
- The unlimited capacity of each of our students.
- High standards of excellence for each individual.
- Authentic engagement, flexibility, and creativity.
- Individual passions, and the freedom to pursue them.
- Student preparedness for their unique futures.
- To provide a combined career/college preparatory program, recognizing that some of the skills needed for employment are higher and different than the skills needed for college.
- To provide a hands-on, yet conceptual-based learning environment in which teachers of technology, science, math, and English collaborate to foster problem-solving individuals and create within the students the aptitude to learn how to learn.
- To develop a program in collaboration with other public and private technical colleges and universities that prepares students for employment and lifelong learning.
- To expand working and unprecedented partnerships with area businesses and industries in programs such as job shadowing and Youth Apprenticeship.