Student Participation form and application

Students and parents must talk to their guidance counselor before being accepted in the Adult Education Program. If the student has met certain requirements s/he will complete a Kenosha Unified School District Participation form and related paperwork and application.

The High School Competency Diploma measures what you have learned during all four years of high school. To graduate you must complete all requirements, and pass all tests. You are in the Adult Education Program to finish the requirements and study. If you do not regularly study for the tests, you probably will fail one or more of them.


  • You must come in when you are scheduled and stay the entire time. This is not a drop in program. However, Adult Education teachers will work with you if you have a job schedule that changes weekly.
  • If you are more than 15 minutes late you will be marked tardy and more than 30 minutes late, you will be marked truant. Call 359-6162 to report your absence.


  • This is a program for adults and we expect you to behave like an adult and work the entire time you are here. This is an independent study program.  If you are not prepared to study, follow directions and policies you will be sent home.
  • Cheating, stealing materials, damaging equipment/books/computers or unauthorized of computers are grounds for immediate dismissal from the Adult Education Program
  • All KUSD and Reuther policies (see Student Handbook) are in effect. For example, dress code, respectful behavior computer use policy etc.
  • When you come in: Enter through the West doors, sign in, get a pass and walk directly to the classroom, use the West staircase. Sign in, take your work folder from the crate and start working.
  • When you leave: Have a teacher sign your pass, sign out and put your folder in the crate. Go directly to the West door and sign out.
  • Do not wander in the building for any reason.  Adult Education students do not normally get passes, so plan ahead.


  • You must maintain an attendance rate of 50% or higher
  • You must make sufficient progress.  That means you will finish one unit or more each week in required areas. (Government and Politics, Health, Consumer Education, Employability, and WorkKeys assignments).  When you are finished with the requirements, you will complete a minimum of one study/review assignment each week. You have one year after your cohort graduates to use Adult Education services. For example, 2012 cohorts must finish all requirements and take the test at least once by May 8, 2013.  Students may retest until they pass or turn 21.
  • You must not have been sent home or earned a referral for behavior or other reasons.
  • If during the course of one quarter, you have failed to meet any combination the requirements three or more times, you will be placed in Independent Adult Education Program. You may or may not be allowed to return to the Adult Education Program.

.  Contact Meg Wolfers at 359-6162.

Bring a spiral notebook and a pen or pencil. The Adult Education Program does not supply them.

Clean out your locker at your home school and return any textbooks or library books you have. Pay any fees you owe. If you do not return these items and/or pay the fees you will not receive your diploma, and the amount you owe will be sent to collection.

When you decide to graduate using the Competency Diploma Option you may not change your mind and graduate by earning credits.