Digital Assignment Notebook – Links
|ELD & Resource DAN||Counselors DAN|
|Physical Education – Boyd|
In order for your child to qualify for NJHS, they are expected to…
- Maintain a 3.5 Grade Point Average for the first three quarters of the year. Applications will be mailed to potential candidates (based on GPA) after quarter 3 grades are posted.
- Complete 12 or more documented hours of community service by April 29th, 2022. Service hours may begin to be accumulated and documented from the first day of school. Hours include service to school, church, f amilyor community – anything where you are not compensated for your service. Forms for service hours are located below.
- Demonstrate strong character and leadership through behavior and interaction with others. Behavioral referrals resulting in ISS or OSS could be grounds for rejection or immediate dismissal from NJHS.
Students should turn in their application and service hours sheet(s) to the front office by Thursday, April 29th, 2022. Students who turn in their paperwork on time will be given an invitation to the NJHS Induction Ceremony. This year’s induction ceremony will take place (possibly virtually or in-person) at a later date and time.
In order to maintain membership in NJHS students must…
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher each quarter. One quarter below a 3.5 GPA results in probation. A second quarter below a 3.5 GPA in a given school year results in dismissal from NJHS.
- Complete 12 hours of community service during the school year. Service must be documented on service hour sheets and turned in by the last day of school. Failure to complete the hours and turn in documentation results in dismissal from NJHS.
Maintain a strong behavior record. Any out of school suspension results in dismissal from NJHS. Any three referrals in a given school year results in dismissal from NJHS.