The mission of Grewenow Elementary, a safe and nurturing environment within a culturally diverse neighborhood school, is to empower all students to be independent, responsible, life-long learners by providing meaningful learning experiences and challenging opportunities through the collaborative efforts of students, staff, families and community.
Strategic Plan Objectives
- No later than 2011, all of our students will meet or exceed district/state identified proficiency levels for performance in reading and math.
- All students will consistently demonstrate respectful and responsible behavior within our diverse neighborhood school.
- Annually, all of our students will participate in a meaningful service project.
- Each year all students will meet grade level requirements for promotion.
- We will become an established professional learning community in order to increase collaboration and implement research based instructional strategies, providing all students with meaningful learning experiences to achieve proficiency in reading and math.
- We will develop and implement plans to model, reinforce and recognize responsible, respectful, and ethical behavior by everyone.
- We will develop a collaborative framework to provide opportunities for students, families, and the community to participate in service projects.
- We will develop and implement a plan that meets the diverse academic and social needs of our disengaged students to ensure they achieve grade level requirements necessary for promotion.
We would like to hear from you if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Also, we would like to know if you would be interested in being a member of one of our action teams.