1. What time does school start in the morning and when does school let out?
Students enter the building at 8:05 A.M. and exit at 3:16 P.M. All students are dismissed at 12:06 P.M. on Fridays.
2. My child will be late getting to school this morning. What notifications should I make?
If your child is going to be late and wishes to have a hot lunch on that day, you must call the school office by 8:45 A.M.. If you cannot call before 8:45 A.M., please send a cold lunch to school with your child. In all cases please try calling the school as soon as possible.
3. Where do I pick up and drop off my child?
3. All K-5 students are dismissed on the west side (playground side) of the building. PreK-4 students are dismissed in the front entrance. The east circular drive by the office is reserved for bus and day care vans only.
4. What time does the breakfast program start and where do they go in?
4. The breakfast program starts at 8:10 a.m. and ends at 8:40 a.m. The students lineup with their classes and enter with their teachers.
5. My child is sick and won’t be in school today. What notifications should I make?
5. The child’s parents or guardians should call the school office as early in the morning as possible so that the absence is excused. Feel free to leave a message on the school’s answering machine. If it’s not possible to contact the school office the day of absence please call the office as soon as possible.
6.Where is the lost and found?
6. The lost and found box is located near the school office. Check with office staff if looking for valuables and small items.
7. How much does milk cost?
7. One carton of milk is $0.35 for students in grades K-5.
8. What is the cost of a hot lunch for my child?
8. For the 2021-22 School Year, breakfast and lunch are free to students.
A single meal ticket costs $2.70. Students use debit cards and money should be deposited into their accounts. The same debit card is used for milk.
9. How can I add money to my child’s lunch ticket?
9. Money can be added to your student’s lunch ticket by either sending a check or money to school with your child or going to MySchoolBucks.com and follow the instructions there.
10. What are the school store hours?
10. School Store Hours: The school store is closed to visitors at this time. In the past it has been open after school from: 3:16 – 3:30 p.m.
11. How will I know if the school is closed for a weather emergency?
11. Rather than calling the office please listen to local radio stations WGTD (91.1FM), WRJN (1400 AM), WLIP (1050 AM), WIIL (95.1 FM), or cable channel 20. You may also find school closing information on the Kenosha Unified School District’s home page. In the event that school is closed, the radio stations will be notified prior to 5:45 A.M. and appropriate announcements will be made.
12. What is the phone number to call for school closings?
12. You may call 359-SNOW (7669) to see if schools are closed.