For your convenience, we have listed commonly asked questions and their answers:
1.What time does school start in the morning and when does school let out?
Students should enter in their assigned grade level door in the morning by 8:05 AM. Tardies count against perfect attendance. This could jeopardize your chance at a free bike at the end of the school year.
Students will be dismissed at 3:05 PM except on Friday. Friday dismissal is at 12:01 P.M.
2. What does the VIRTUAL student schedule look like?
If your child is enrolled as a virtual student, they are expected to also follow attendance guidelines as listed in our Return 2020 plan.
- 8:30 AM– Morning Welcome + attendance! (students must be logged into their virtual classrooms by this time)
- 11:40-12:55– Lunch Break + Recess (students enjoy lunch and non-screen time activities of t
- 2:45 PM– Dismissal (end of day sign-off from teacher and students!)
The rest of the virtual learning day is structured by the classroom teacher and you should receive a copy of the daily schedule. Here is an “example” schedule.
3. How do I get connected with my child’s Virtual Classroom?
The district has put together a Technology Resource Guide that should help you get started. Please review this guide to get started. Once your child has been enrolled in a virtual classroom (or an in-person classroom that also has digital components) you will be invited to join that teachers site.
Grades K-2 are using SeeSaw as their online learning platform
Grades 3-5 are using Google Classroom
2. My child will be late getting to school in the morning, what notifications should I make?
If your child is going to be late and wishes to be counted for hot lunch, you must call the school office by 8:30 A.M. If you cannot call before 8:30 A.M., please send a cold lunch to school with your child. In all cases please try calling the school as soon as possible.
3. My child is sick and won’t be in school today, what notifications should I make?
The child’s parents or guardians should call the school office as early in the morning as possible so that the absence is excused. Feel free to leave a message on the school’s answering machine. If it’s not possible to contact the school office the day of absence please send a note to school the following day.
4. What is the cost of a hot lunch for child?
This year lunch and breakfast are offered free to all students
5. How will I know if the school is closed for a weather emergency?
Rather than calling the office please listen to: WLIP (1050 AM), WRKZ, WKZN-FM, WGTD (91.1 FM), WTMJ or cable channel 20. You may also find school closing information on the Kenosha Unified School District’s home page. In the event that school is closed, the radio stations will be notified prior to 5:45 A.M. and appropriate announcements will be made.
6. What is the phone number to call for school closings?
You may call 359-SNOW (7669) to see if schools are closed.
7. What is the district safety plan for Covid-19 related concerns?
You may monitor the districts ever changing plan here, updated regularly with most recent and accurate information.