KUSD Theatre Arts online auditions
Auditions for the 2020-2021 KUSD Theatre Arts season will be submitted online this year due to our current Covid-19 school closures. Please thoroughly read the instructions and guidelines about what to submit and how to submit your audition. Auditions are open to all high school students grades 9-12. Students who complete the online audition will be cast in productions at Bradford, Harborside Academy and Indian Trail.
Auditions for productions at Tremper will occur at several points throughout the year. All students are welcome to audition for these productions as well. Students who are already cast in another KUSD show should not drop their current production in order to audition for a show at Tremper. Instead, they will need to discuss their plan with their current directors before any action is taken.
All audition submissions are due by Aug. 21, 2020.
We look forward to seeing your auditions! If you have any questions, please contact the fine arts office at 262-359-6388 or email@example.com.
Instructions for 2020-2021 online theatre auditions
(link to submit included below)
Please read the following instructions carefully before you record yourself.
Video submissions must be done no later than Aug. 21, 2020.
Musical Theatre - Please record yourself doing a one minute monologue and the chorus and one verse of a musical theatre song. Your audition should not exceed three minutes.
Straight plays only - Please record yourself doing a monologue. Your audition should not exceed three minutes, so this will give you time to record two short monologues or one longer monologue; your choice.
Directions for recording
- For the best quality video, flip your phone so that you are shooting horizontally!
- At the start of your recording, say and spell your first name, last name and then tell us what grade you are in and what school you are attending this fall.
- Please perform your pieces in any order, but they must be done in one go. You cannot submit more than one video, so please record your monologue and song or your two monologues in one recording.
- Your song should be sung a cappella.
- All audition material should be memorized.
- Before you upload your file, please rename it so that it is formatted like this:
- LastNameFirstName.mp4 (example: SingerKristen.mp4)
- MP4s are preferred when uploading your videos.
- Record in a well-lit space. A bright room with natural light is best.
- Do not put yourself in front of a window/light source. We want the light on your face, not your back. The camera should be in between the light source and you.
- Try to record somewhere with a neutral background, if possible.
- If you can, place your phone or camera on a stand, or something to keep it steady.
- Dress appropriately for an audition! Avoid shirts and sweatshirts with writing on them. Pick something you feel confident in!
- Record in a quiet space, with no extraneous sounds (cars, clocks, etc.)
- Have fun and pretend the camera/phone is the audience! We are excited to see you!