Each student in the Kenosha Unified School District is assigned to a school based on the boundary in which they live. However, every student has the option to attend other schools by choice.
Choice and charter schools offer the same core subjects and have the same graduation requirements as the rest of the schools in the district. However, their delivery technique and electives may vary depending on the school’s focus and emphasis.
What’s the difference between a choice and a charter school?
- Choice schools are schools other than a student’s assigned boundary school that accept students based on an application process.
- Charter schools are schools other than a student’s assigned boundary school that accept students based on a lottery system.
2022 High School Selection Key Dates
- HS open houses: Nov. 8 – Dec. 1
- HS selection form emailed to 8th grade families: Monday, Nov. 28
- Electronic form with paper option available at schools.
- HS selection form due date: Friday, Dec. 9
- Choice/charter selection processes complete: Friday, Dec. 16
- Choice/charter parent accept/deny notices mailed out: Friday, Dec. 16
- Parent choice/charter accept or decline deadline: Friday, Jan. 13
2022 High School Open House Dates
- Tuesday, Nov. 8
- Harborside, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 10
- LakeView, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Reuther, 6-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16
- ITHSA Academies, 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 17
- eSchool Virtual Session, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Virtual Session Link
- Saturday, Nov. 19
- Harborside 9 a.m.
- LakeView Virtual Session , 10 a.m. Virtual Session Link
- Monday, Nov. 21
- ITHSA Academies, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29
- ITHSA High School, 6-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30
- Bradford, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 1
- Tremper, 6:30 p.m.