KTEC students develop their character and respect for diverse perspectives, as well as academic skills. All students participate in regular character lessons that focus on important traits throughout the year. A student from each classroom who best exemplifies that quarter’s traits is recognized at the quarterly award assemblies. The one student per classroom who best demonstrates consistent, overall character all year long is recognized at the Governance Board Awards in June.
KTEC also participates in KUSD Kindness week. National Honor Society and Student Council students hold drives and fundraisers for local causes throughout the year.
- You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel.
- Accept responsibility for your actions, be accountable for your results and take ownership of you mistakes.
- Whatever happens, take responsibility.
- Courage isn’t always big and brave. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.”
- It takes a lot of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a whole lot more to stand up to your friends.
- Courage is speaking your mind, even if your voice shakes.
- Courage is never letting your actions be controlled by your fears.
- Do something nice for someone. Compassion feeds the soul.
- Compassion is the wish to see others free from hurting.
- Take my hand – we will get through this together.
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” ~ Dali Lama
- When I see you through my eyes, I think that we are different, but when I see you through my heart, I know that we are the same.
- We are all different and that’s a beautiful thing. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
- A wise person is one who learns from all people.
- We are all the same inside.
- Self-discipline is like a muscle. The more you exercise it the stronger it gets.
- Discipline is your friend and not your enemy.
- “With self-discipline, most anything is possible.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- Self-discipline is telling yourself the right thing to do before someone else has to.
Respect & Friendship
- If you think someone can use a friend, be one.
- You are someone’s reason to smile.
- A friend is someone who makes you laugh a little louder and smile a little brighter.
- The secret to friendship is being a good listener.
- Integrity is being able to say no, facing the truth, and doing the right thing because it is right.
- You can easily judge the integrity of a person by how he/she treats those who can do nothing for him/her.
- Integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody is going to know whether you did it or not.
- Integrity is making sure the things you say and the things you do, are the same.
- We all have a responsibility as citizens of this earth, to leave the world a healthier and better place to live.
- “Ask not what your country can do, but what you can do for your country.” ~ President John F. Kennedy
- A good citizen helps his/her families, are good to his/her neighbors, protects the environment and are responsible for themselves.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- “Doing your best means never stop trying.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- When you reach the top, keep climbing.
- Even success starts with the decision to try.
- Don’t stress. Do your best. Forget the rest.
- There is no substitute for hard work.