WHAT’S UP AT JEFFERSON
NOV 1 First Day of 2nd Quarter
NOV 2 NO SCHOOL
NOV 2 FALL VENDOR AND CRAFT SALE 4pm-8pm
NOV 5 Picture re-take
NOV 6 Grade 4 and 5 Music Concert 8:30am
NOV 12 Kindergarten Field Trip to Northside Public Library
NOV 16 PTO MOVIE NIGHT
NOV 21 1/2 Day Student early release 12:06pm NO LUNCH
NOV 22 & 23 NO SCHOOL – Happy Thanksgiving!
Dec. 24-Jan. 4 Winter Recess
Jan. 18 Celebration of Learning
Jan. 21 No School
Jan. 25 No School
Feb. 27-March 1 Parent Teacher Conferences
Feb. 28 Early Release 12:06 No Lunch
March 1 No School
March 29 No School
April 19-26 Spring Break
May 24 Early Release No Lunch
May 27 No School
May 31 Celebration of Learning
June 7 5th Grade Passages
June 12 Last Day of School Early Release No Lunch
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16th 6:00pm -8:00pm
Come on out, relax and enjoy some family fun time! Feel free to bring your own chairs, blankets, pillows, etc. Admission is FREE, walking tacos, snacks, popcorn and drinks will be available for sale with all proceeds going to the No Lack for Snack program and to help fund future PTO events. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
PTO NEWSLETTERS AND INFORMATION
- The Jefferson After School Program is Back! $20 for the full year gets your child into the after school program. Jefferson has teamed up with the Boys and Girls Club to sponsor a program at Jefferson for Jefferson students ages 6 and older. See the flyer at the end of this newsletter for additional information or click here After School Program Flyer.
- Attention all fathers and father figures – we have a special program just for you and your children. If you have a child in grades K-2, please sign up and join us for this special series of evenings designed to support you in your role as a Dad. Please see the attached flyer for additional information, and join us in this effort to support all our fathers. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J8e38Qjk42kzFVaEaPg2UgsiHF1P8qXQ
DISTRICT DRESS CODE 2018 UPDATE
The District Dress Code has been updated for the upcoming school year, click here to view. 2018 Dress Code
Please read over this document carefully so you are aware of what is appropriate for our KUSD students. Main things to note for Elementary School students:
- No flip-flop shoes in school. All sandals must have a strap around the ankle for safety purposes.
- All shorts and skirts should be mid-thigh in length. If in question, please err on the side of caution and save them for after school and weekend time.
- No spaghetti straps, tank tops straps must be at least 1” in width
- Pants: Holes and rips above mid-thigh may not show skin
Please review the Dress Code Flyer for additional details.
Breakfast is served FREE to all students between 7:25-7:55 AM. Students need to be in the Breakfast Room by 7:55 AM in order to receive breakfast.