WHAT’S UP AT JEFFERSON
October 5 – VIP DAY Grades K & 1
October 8 – PTO Meeting 3:30-4:30pm
October 12 – VIP DAY Grades 2 & 3
October 12 – PTO Movie Night 6pm-8pm
October 19 – VIP DAY Grades 4 & 5
October 19 – Pumpkin Science Night 6pm-8pm
October 22-24 and October 29-30 – Boo Grams during lunch
October 24 – 26 Parent Teacher Conferences
October 24 – 26 Book Fair
Monday, October 15 : Crazy Socks Day
Tuesday, October 16: Twin Day
Wednesday, October 17: Wear Red Day
Thursday, October 18: Sports Jersey Day
Friday, October 19: Jefferson School Spirit Day
The Book Fair is coming!
Be sure to visit the library during conferences Oct. 24-26 to browse the Book Fair and find some great books to buy for your student. All purchases support our school library.
PTO NEWSLETTERS AND INFORMATION
Please mark your calendars now and begin talking with your child’s teacher about Parent/Student/Teacher conferences dates.
October 24 Wednesday 3:40-6:40 PM
October 25 ` Thursday 12:40-3:40 PM and evening hours 5:00-7:00 PM Early Release for students
October 26 Friday 7:40 AM – 9:40 AM No School for students
Thank you in advance for helping to make Jefferson the GREAT SCHOOL it is as result of parent interest and participation.
- The Jefferson After School Program is Back! $20 for the full year gets your child into the after school program. Jefferson has teamed up with the Boys and Girls Club to sponsor a program at Jefferson for Jefferson students ages 6 and older. See the flyer at the end of this newsletter for additional information or click here After School Program Flyer.
- Attention all fathers and father figures – we have a special program just for you and your children. If you have a child in grades K-2, please sign up and join us for this special series of evenings designed to support you in your role as a Dad. Please see the attached flyer for additional information, and join us in this effort to support all our fathers. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J8e38Qjk42kzFVaEaPg2UgsiHF1P8qXQ
DISTRICT DRESS CODE 2018 UPDATE
The District Dress Code has been updated for the upcoming school year, click here to view. 2018 Dress Code
Please read over this document carefully so you are aware of what is appropriate for our KUSD students. Main things to note for Elementary School students:
- No flip-flop shoes in school. All sandals must have a strap around the ankle for safety purposes.
- All shorts and skirts should be mid-thigh in length. If in question, please err on the side of caution and save them for after school and weekend time.
- No spaghetti straps, tank tops straps must be at least 1” in width
- Pants: Holes and rips above mid-thigh may not show skin
Please review the Dress Code Flyer for additional details.
Breakfast is served FREE to all students between 7:25-7:55 AM. Students need to be in the Breakfast Room by 7:55 AM in order to receive breakfast.