Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
Bailey's Spooktacular Halloween Ball - Oct. 12
- 12-4 p.m. at Lance Middle School
- Meet Peter Pan, Wendy and Tinkerbell; Magic Show; Costume Contest; Dance Contest; Raffles; DJ; Games; Prizes; Food for Purchase
- Fundraiser for Bailey's Legacy of Kindness, Buddy Benches and scholarships.
- Event flier (PDF)
Before and After School Program at RecPlex
The RecPlex Before and After School Program provides transportation to and from school, as well as wide variety of activities for children to do before and after school including: gym games, outdoor play, swimming, arts and crafts and more!. The RecPlex also provides mid-day pick up for children attending K4 classes for only half the day.
Cross-Country program for youth ages 8-18 - Sept. 16 - Dec. 15
- Southeast Wisconsin Track Club
- Fall Session: September 16-December 15
- Cost: $275 per athlete
- Cost includes: T-Shirt and racing singlet, USA Track and Field membership, AAU membership, 3 weekly practices throughout the session, coaching fees, and entrance fees for 3 regular season meets and 2 championship meets
- Practices: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 6:00-7:00pm at Petrifying Springs Park, 5555 7th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53144
- Information flier (PDF)
Drawing Classes for Kids
- Classes provided by Young Rembrandts
- Waiting all summer for Young Rembrandts? We’re back with all new ELEMENTARY DRAWING classes. If your kids are new to art or seasoned pros—they will love this class. Don’t miss out, ENROLL NOW!
- Weekly, 1 Hour Classes (after school) starting at $57.50 (payment plan options available)
- Information flier (PDF)
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
Everything Under the Sun - 2017-2019
A youth and family activity guide of things to do in the Kenosha area.
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Free Volleyball Clinic - Wisconsin Juniors - Sept. 18
- In celebration of of over 20 years of Wisconsin Juniors, we are offering a FREE clinic to all Girls & Boys 1st-8th grade at the Pleasant Prairie Rec-Plex on Wed. Sept. 18 from 6 to 7:30 pm.
- More information: Event flier
- Online registration
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
Host a World Heritage Exchange Student
- Hosting a World Heritage Foreign Exchange Student allows families like your own to experience the fun of getting to know another culture without ever having to leave your backyard!
- Learn more at World Heritage
Kenosha Area Soccer League (KASL) - 2019-2020 Fall/Spring Registration
- KASL provides recreational league play for boys and girls from ages of 3 through 18. Advanced levels are available. Also, adult recreational leagues are available.
- All games are played at Anderson Park on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- KASL has a division for player with 2016 birthyear thru adults.
- Coed: Tiny Tots, 4K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th, 7th & 8th, High School and Adults.
- Girls Divisions (combined by grades): 4K & Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th, and 7th & 8th.
- Information and Registration flier (PDF)
- Kenosha Area Soccer League website
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha County Parks
- Activity Guide (PDF)
- For more information about upcoming events or the Kenosha County Parks, visit the Kenosha County Parks website
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Kenosha Raptors Lacrosse
Magic Show - Halloween Illusions in the Night - Oct. 18
- 7 p.m. at Reuther High School auditorium
- Sponsored by Unity Masonic Lodge #367
- Children must be accompanied by a paid adult ($10 admission)
- Child tickets (PDF)
Mahone Craft Fair - Nov. 2
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Mahone Middle School, 6900 60th St. Kenosha
- Join us for crafts, food, music and festive cheer in support of Mahone Middle School's National Junior Honor Society.
- Sellers wanted: $30 entry fee for 10x10 booth.
- Find us on Facebook
- Event flier (PDF)
Pringle Nature Center - Upcoming Events
- 9800 160th Avenue, Bristol, WI 53104
- For a complete listing, check out the Pringle Nature Center website.
- Grand opening special (PDF) - Get 20% OFF your first 8 weeks of lessons.
- Special needs swim program (PDF) - We design our lessons to meet the needs of your swimmer, whether it be for water safety or therapeutic purposes.
- Swimtastic Kenosha website
- SwimLabs Kenosha website
Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
- More information (PDF)
Youth Mental Health First Aid Training for Adults - Oct. 3 & 10
This 8-hour training gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to adolescents (ages 12-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
Cost: $20 (bring your own lunch)
Register online or send check payable to “Kenosha County”
Register by September 27
|Everything Under the Sun||everything-under-sun.pdf|
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs special needs program||swimtastic-special-needs.pdf|
|Kenosha Area Soccer League||kasl.pdf|
|Mahone Craft Fair - Nov. 2||mahone-craft-fair.pdf|
|Magic Show - Halloween Illusions in the Night - Oct. 18||magic-show.pdf|
|Youth Mental Health First Aid Training for Adults - Oct. 3 & 10||ymhfa.pdf|
|Cross-Country program for youth ages 8-18 - Sept. 16 - Dec. 15||cross-country.pdf|
|Before and After School Program at RecPlex||recplex-before-after-school.pdf|
|Drawing Classes for Kids||young-rembrandts-drawing.pdf|
|Kenosha Raptors Lacrosse - New Player Fall Clinic - Oct. 5||raptors-clinic.pdf|
|Bailey's Spooktacular Halloween Ball - Oct. 12||baileys.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs grand opening special||swimtastic.pdf|