Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
Before and After School Program at RecPlex
The RecPlex Before and After School Program provides transportation to and from school, as well as wide variety of activities for children to do before and after school including: gym games, outdoor play, swimming, arts and crafts and more!. The RecPlex also provides mid-day pick up for children attending K4 classes for only half the day.
Beyond College: Spring Break College Tour
- Informational Meetings:
- Oct. 24, Nov. 21, Dec. 19, 2019
- Jan. 16, Feb. 20, March 19, 2020
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha Teen Center
- College Tour flier (PDF)
- Informational meeting flier (PDF)
- More information at Beyond College
Bright by Text
- Bright by Text sends free activities, games, and resources right to your cell phone. Messages are targeted to your child’s age and include information on child development, language and early literacy, health and safety, behavioral tips, and more!
- Bright by Text is for anyone who cares for and loves a child between the ages of 0 and 8 - parents, grandparents, babysitters, aunties, uncles, neighbors, friends, teachers, and more.
- Sign up for Bright by Text
Camp Invention - June 15-19
- Camp Invention is for children entering grades K-6th.
- Location: Antioch CCSD 34 - TBD 850 Highview Dr, Antioch, IL 60002
- Date: June 15 - 19, 2020
- Time & Cost: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM | $235 (before discount)
- Camp Invention information flier (PDF)
Carthage Baseball Winter Hitting Camp - Dec. 7 - Feb. 16
- Carthage College Baseball is offering weekend hitting instruction for 10 weeks throughout the winter for both high school and youth level players. Choose to attend Saturdays, Sundays, or both. Sessions are open to all ages (little league - high school) and athletes will be assigned to small groups based upon skill level and age. Camp will be led by Carthage Baseball coaching staff and current players.
- Information and registration form (PDF)
Census 2020 Jobs
- In advance of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people for temporary jobs across the country.
- These positions provide the perfect opportunity to earn some extra income while helping your community. The results of the 2020 Census will help determine each state’s representation in Congress, as well as how certain funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in your community is counted!
- We Can Be Census Takers flier (PDF)
- 2020 Census job information and application
Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care
- Walk-in Pediatric Urgent Care from Children's Wisconsin (formerly Children' Hospital of Wisconsin) available in Kenosha 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
- Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care Brochure (PDF)
Drawing Classes for Kids
- Classes provided by Young Rembrandts
- Waiting all summer for Young Rembrandts? We’re back with all new ELEMENTARY DRAWING classes. If your kids are new to art or seasoned pros—they will love this class. Don’t miss out, ENROLL NOW!
- Weekly, 1 Hour Classes (after school) starting at $57.50 (payment plan options available)
- Information flier (PDF)
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
High school students – Monkey Joe’s is hiring!
- Monkey Joe’s is looking for outgoing individuals who like to work with kids. We offer a fun work environment and a team of diverse people. If you are interested in working at Monkey Joe’s, apply on-line.
- Monkey Joe's Team Member Flier (PDF)
HomeNet. internet access for your homework
- Does your child or a child you know need help with internet access for schoolwork? Well then all aboard the information superhighway! HomeNet. can provide internet access in your home during the school year for studying and homework.
- Limited availability, so apply with Foundation for Rural Housing for HomeNet. today!
- Must have at least 1 child in middle or high school
- Must be under the 80% county median income
- Must have access to a device that is internet accessible
- Applications can be found at the Foundation for Rural Housing
Host a World Heritage Exchange Student
- Hosting a World Heritage Foreign Exchange Student allows families like your own to experience the fun of getting to know another culture without ever having to leave your backyard!
- Learn more at World Heritage
Host an ASSE Exchange Student
- Share your home for a year, enjoy a friendship for a lifetime. Make this year the most exciting and enriching year ever! Simply choose to welcone a high school student, 15-18 years old into your family. Students come from Italy, France, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Thailand, China, to name just a few.
- Call Melissa Schnorr at 262-332-8283 or 800-677-2773
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit ASSE online
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha County Parks
- Activity Guide (PDF)
- For more information about upcoming events or the Kenosha County Parks, visit the Kenosha County Parks website
Kenosha Girls Wrestling Tournament
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Kenosha Raptors Lacrosse
Kenosha Wrestling Academy
- The Kenosha Wrestling Academy (KWA Bulldogs) was established in 2012 and is dedicated to teaching the sport of wrestling to youth (K- 12th grade), regardless of experience.
- Open to All BOYS and GIRLS grades Pre-K thru 12
- Register online
- Information flier (PDF)
Learn about the upcoming 2020 Census!
- Census 101: What you need to know (PDF)
- The 2020 Census and Confidentiality (PDF)
- How the 2020 Census will invite everyone to respond (PDF)
- Why We Ask (PDF)
Oasis Youth Center
- Welcome for kids 5th grade and up.
- Providing a free safe place for Kenosha area youth to gather for recreation, academic assistance and community involvement.
- Homework Help, Indoor & Outdoor sports, Basketball, Video Games, Computers, Crafts, Snacks, LOTS of Fun with Friends.
- Open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3-7 p.m.
- 6700 30th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53142. Located in the Lower Level of St. Luke’s Church.
- Information flier (PDF)
Pringle Nature Center - Upcoming Events
- 9800 160th Avenue, Bristol, WI 53104
- For a complete listing, check out the Pringle Nature Center website.
Salvation Army - Register to Ring
- When you volunteer to stand at our kettles, you’re not just ringing a bell... you’re changing and enriching the lives of Kenosha County residents.
- Help us help the most needy in Kenosha by signing up to ring the bells at the Red Kettles. It’s so simple, all you have to do is go to kenoshabells.com to Register to Ring.
- Information flier (PDF)
- Grand opening special (PDF) - Get 20% OFF your first 8 weeks of lessons.
- Special needs swim program (PDF) - We design our lessons to meet the needs of your swimmer, whether it be for water safety or therapeutic purposes.
- Swimtastic Kenosha website
- SwimLabs Kenosha website
Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
- More information (PDF)
|Everything Under the Sun||everything-under-sun.pdf|
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care||childrens-urgent-care.pdf|
|Salvation Army - Register to Ring||salvation-army.pdf|
|Oasis Youth Center||oasis.pdf|
|Monkey Joe's - now hiring||monkey-joes.pdf|
|Census 101: What you need to know||census-101.pdf|
|The 2020 Census and Confidentiality||census-confidentiality.pdf|
|How the 2020 Census will invite everyone to respond||census-invites-everyone.pdf|
|Census: Why We Ask||census-why.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs grand opening special||swimtastic.pdf|
|Kenosha Wrestling Academy||kenosha-wrestling-academy.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs special needs program||swimtastic-special-needs.pdf|
|Camp Invention - June 15-19||camp-invention.pdf|
|Before and After School Program at RecPlex||recplex-before-after-school.pdf|
|Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha||boys-girls-club.pdf|
|Drawing Classes for Kids||young-rembrandts-drawing.pdf|
|Kenosha Girls Wisconsin Open Wrestling Tournament - Feb. 16, 2020||wrestling-wi-open.pdf|
|Carthage Baseball Winter Hitting Camp - Dec. 7 - Feb. 16||carthage-baseball-camp.pdf|
|Spring Break College Tour||college-tour.pdf|