4-H Open House - Sept. 25
- 6:30—7:30 p.m. at the Kenosha County Center
- Come check out the different activities and projects you can participate in!
- 4-H is open to K-12th grade
- 4-H Open House flier (PDF)
Baila Conmigo! / Dance With Me! - Sept. 29
- Celebrating Seniors & their Families with Marimba Luna Maya
- Fun, food, photo booth, activities, dancing and music
- 1-4 p.m. at Kenosha Senior Center, 2717 67th Street, Kenosha, WI 53143
- For free tickets* call the ADRC: 262-605-6646
- English event flier (PDF)
- Spanish event flier (PDF)
Beyond College: Spring Break College Tour Info Meeting - Feb. 16
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha - Teen Center
- For students ages 14-18
- College tour to be held April 17-23
- Information flier
The Commons Hack-It Bracket - Sept. 29
We're seeking motivated and talented Kenosha/Racine students of ANY age and ANY academic pursuit to come together and solve a big challenge facing local Wisconsin businesses. This is the March Madness version of a hackathon - it's fast-paced, you'll meet a ton of people and learn what it takes to solve real problems. Get ready to push your creative limits with other innovators! Plus, there's great food, quality mentors and legit prizes!
Event Time: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Reception/Networking: 5-6 p.m.
Location: Leeward Business Advisors
Cost: Totally Free!
Dream Playground Ambassador Program - Items Needed
- There are times while volunteering on the Dream Playground our ambassador’s come across children or their parents in need of some assistance with unexpected situations. Please consider helping us out by donating items from the list below.
- Items needed for the Dream Playground Ambassador Program (PDF)
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
Everything Under the Sun - 2017-2019
A youth and family activity guide of things to do in the Kenosha area.
Essay Contest - Kenosha County - Oct. 12 Deadline
The Kenosha Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families is asking local elementary and middle school students, “What’s a healthy community to you?”
Now open to all Kenosha County students in grades 4 through 8.
Students may participate as part of a group through a school or organization, or on their own. Winners will receive prizes, and the top essays will be published in the Kenosha News.
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha County Parks
- Activity Guide (PDF)
- For more information about upcoming events or the Kenosha County Parks, visit the Kenosha County Parks website
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Overcoming Racial Bias in Education - Sept. 24
- Presented by the Kenosha Coalition for Dismantling Racism
- Come out to join us for another very important courageous conversation. We will discuss: Overcoming racial bias in education.
- 6-8 p.m. at the Kenosha Civil War Museum
- Light refreshments will be available.
- Event flier (PDF)
Parkside Junior Ranger Basketball Club - Oct. 21 and 28
- The University of Wisconsin-Parkside men’s basketball program would like to invite you to a unique and fun opportunity to become a part of the Junior Rangers Basketball Club! The two-week clinic directed by head coach Luke Reigel will help you learn and improve upon the fundamentals of basketball. Instructors will include members of the Ranger men’s basketball team and coaching staff.
GRADES: Boys & Girls; Kindergarten – 4th grade
REGISTRATION FEE: $50 : $25 for one day
DATES AND TIMES: Sunday October 21st and October 28th, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
LOCATION: UW-Parkside Sports and Activity Center
Readers are Leaders Tutoring Program - Volunteers Needed
- Make a difference in a half hour
- The Readers are Leaders tutoring program, a United Way-led initiative in partnership with Kenosha Unified School District and Building Our Future, provides young children in grades kindergarten through third grade with tutors on a regular basis to increase reading achievement.
- Sign up to be a tutor today by by completing the Volunteer Tutor Application and the KUSD Background Check Form located on the Readers are Leaders website. Please contact Dena Johnson at email@example.com or by phone 262-671-2216 with any questions.
- Readers are Leaders information flier (PDF)
Run Blue to Beat It - Sept. 23
- Fundraiser for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
- $30 Registration Fee includes: Registration, T-Shirt (if registered by September 7), Beverage and Snack
- All profits will be donated to Dysautonomia International, a non-profit organization.
- Children 12 and under are FREE!
- SCHEDULE: 9:15am ~ Registration Begins, 10:00am ~ Run/Walk Begins
- Location: Bradford High School
- More information and registration
Screenagers Movie - Oct. 18
- Join us for a special screening that explores parental struggles over social media, video games, academics and internet addiction and offers solutions to help kids find balance.
- 6:30 p.m. in the Mahone Middle School auditorium, 6900 60th St.
- Screenagers flier (PDF)
Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
- More information (PDF)
Wisconsin Juniors Free Volleyball Clinic - Sept. 26
|4-H Open House||4-h.pdf|
|Dream Playground - items needed||dream-playground.pdf|
|Everything Under the Sun||everything-under-sun.pdf|
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Readers are Leaders||readers-are-leaders.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|Overcoming Racial Bias in Education - Sept. 24||overcoming-racial-bias.pdf|
|Screenagers - Oct. 18||screenagers.pdf|
|Baila Conmigo / Dance With Me! - Sept. 29||baila.pdf||baila-sp.pdf|
|Wisconsin Juniors Free Volleyball Clinic - Sept. 26||juniors-volleyball.pdf|
|Parkside Junior Ranger Basketball Club - Oct. 21 and 28||parkside-junior-rangers.pdf|