Alternative History Summer Program - July 15 - Aug. 1
- Current sophomores and juniors - earn free college credits in history at the University of Wisconsin Parkside this summer by applying for their "Uncovering an Alternative Histories: A Native American Narrative" program.
- Earn three FREE credits in one month of study, travel to local historical sites at no cost, and learn with state and national experts!
- Information flier (PDF)
Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
- Winter/Spring 2019 Schedule (PDF)
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Awareness Week - April 6-12
- 39th Annual Kenosha County Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Awareness Week
- "Being Drug Free, I Like That About Me!"
- All programs are free of charge. To register call 359-2256.
- Youth Mental Health and Wellness Parent Education (PDF) - April 9
- E-Cigarettes: What We Should All Know (PDF) - April 11
- Full schedule of events (PDF)
Beyond College: Spring Break College Tour Info Meetings
- March 21
- 6-7:30 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha - Teen Center
- For students ages 14-18
- College tour to be held April 17-23
- Information flier
Dream Playground Ambassador Program - Items Needed
- There are times while volunteering on the Dream Playground our ambassador’s come across children or their parents in need of some assistance with unexpected situations. Please consider helping us out by donating items from the list below.
- Items needed for the Dream Playground Ambassador Program (PDF)
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
Everything Under the Sun - 2017-2019
A youth and family activity guide of things to do in the Kenosha area.
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
FREE Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Basic Tax Assistance Program for households earning up to $54,000.
- VITA assistance is available at a variety of locations: VITA tax assistance locations (PDF)
- Interested in filing your own taxes for FREE in the comfort of your own home? Call 262-658-4104 or visit www.kenoshaunitedway.org/VITA
- Earn up to $66,000? Visit MyFreeTaxes.com to file your own taxes for FREE!
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
Harvey Community Rummage Sale & Craft/Vendor Fair - March 23
- Public Welcome! Free Admission! SATURDAY ONLY! ALL proceeds from rummage sale go towards the Harvey PTA for student field trips, music equipment, & events.
- Clothes, shoes for all ages, toys, furniture, household goods, jewelry, small appliances, collectibles, seasonal & concessions too! Over 40+ creative crafters and vendors will have displays
- MORE INFORMATION: Event Flier (PDF)
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha County Parks
- Activity Guide (PDF)
- For more information about upcoming events or the Kenosha County Parks, visit the Kenosha County Parks website
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Pringle Nature Center - Upcoming Events
- 9800 160th Avenue, Bristol, WI 53104
- Winter/Spring Events (PDF)
- For a complete listing, check out the Pringle Nature Center website.
- Register online
RecPlex After School Program
The After School Program at the RecPlex offers a safe atmosphere where kids will have a great time, swimming, playing games and making fantastic arts & crafts projects.
Age: 4k - 8th Grade
Time: Until 6:30 p.m.
Additional information about the program including a complete list of schools and pricing can be found in the RecPlex Play By Play or by visiting recplexonline.com.
- Grand opening special (PDF) - Get 20% OFF your first 8 weeks of lessons.
- Special needs swim program (PDF) - We design our lessons to meet the needs of your swimmer, whether it be for water safety or therapeutic purposes.
- Swimtastic Kenosha website
- SwimLabs Kenosha website
Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
- More information (PDF)
Traffick Jam: Youth Human Trafficking Awareness and Prevention Conference - March 30
- For teens 7th-12th grades
- 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. at Memorial Hall, 72 7th Street, Racine, WI
- Knowledge is power! Food, prizes, music and more.
- Information flier
UW-Parkside Summer Youth Camps
You want summer youth camps that focus on transforming, engaging, and learning. That’s why we keep class sizes small, ensuring that each camper gets plenty of one-on-one instruction from our expert teachers. Your camper benefits from guided opportunities to apply what they’re learning in a hands-on lab setting.
Keep your kids engaged this summer with meaningful programs that foster creativity and exploration through coding, technology, bioscience, and mindfulness.
|Dream Playground - items needed||dream-playground.pdf|
|Everything Under the Sun||everything-under-sun.pdf|
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|RecPlex After School Program||recplex-after-school.pdf|
|Pringle Nature Center Upcoming Winter/Spring Events||pringle-nature-center.pdf|
|VITA Income Tax Assistance||vita-tax.pdf|
|Alternative History Summer Program||alternative-history.pdf|
|Anderson Arts Center - Winter/Spring Schedule||anderson-arts.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs grand opening special||swimtastic.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs special needs program||swimtastic-special-needs.pdf|
|Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Awareness Week||atod-schedule.pdf|
|Youth Mental Health & E-Cigarettes programs - April 9 & 11||atod-events.pdf|