Alternative History Summer Program - July 15 - Aug. 1
- Current sophomores and juniors - earn free college credits in history at the University of Wisconsin Parkside this summer by applying for their "Uncovering an Alternative Histories: A Native American Narrative" program.
- Earn three FREE credits in one month of study, travel to local historical sites at no cost, and learn with state and national experts!
- Information flier (PDF)
Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
- Winter/Spring 2019 Schedule (PDF)
Back 2 School: Book Bag Giveaway - Aug. 18
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Ken'z Smooth Kutz, 5003 30th Ave
- Bags given out from 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Bookbags, raffles, dunk tank, food, bounce house, supplies
- Information flier (PDF)
Building Our Future Fundraiser - July 20
The Imagination Library is a proven strategy that we can collectively support to ensure every child in Kenosha County, birth to 5 years old has access to free, high-quality, age-appropriate books.
- 5:30 to 9 p.m. at Petrifying Springs Biergarten
- Live music by The Brothers Quinn
- 50/50 raffle
- Many more fun activities!
Cones for Kids - July 24
6- 8 p.m. at the Racine Masonic Center, 1012 Main Street, Racine, WI
All funds support child abuse education in Racine and Kenosha
Taste some of Racine’s best frozen treats
Vote for your favorite flavor to win the Golden Scoop Award
Bid on great silent auction items
Craft with RAM on the Road
Visit the Big Balloon Tycoon
Experience face painting with Guardians of the Children
Advance tickets: $7.50 per person, At the door: $10 per person, children under 3 free
Dodgeball Night of Fun - July 19
- Hosted by Melvin Gordon of the San Diego Chargers and Trae Waynes of the Minnesota Vikings.
- Special guest: Bo Jackson
- 3 - 9 p.m. at Jaskwhich Stadium, Mahone Middle School
- Admisson Fee: Adults $4, Students/Seniors $3 and Children 2 & under $2
- Registration is open to all Middle School and High School Students Ages 11 - 17.
- More information
Dream Playground Ambassador Program - Items Needed
- There are times while volunteering on the Dream Playground our ambassador’s come across children or their parents in need of some assistance with unexpected situations. Please consider helping us out by donating items from the list below.
- Items needed for the Dream Playground Ambassador Program (PDF)
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
Everything Under the Sun - 2017-2019
A youth and family activity guide of things to do in the Kenosha area.
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
Holiday Home Camp - June-Aug.
Holiday Home Camp is a non-profit residential summer camp that has been located in Williams Bay, Wisconsin since 1887.
We take children going into 2 - 8th grades and we have 6 sessions available (5 nights, 6 days) this summer.
We provide pick up to and from our residential camp from Vernon School at 8518 22nd St. in Kenosha.
Children stay in cabins and participate in daily activities such as swimming, archery, dance, drama, boating and tubing, climbing tower and SO MUCH MORE. We have a number of scholarships available for each camper.
No child is ever turned away from enjoying camp. Check our web site out for more information.
- Holiday Home flier & schedule (PDF)
Kenosha Area Soccer League (KASL) - 2019-2020 Fall/Spring Registration
- KASL provides recreational league play for boys and girls from ages of 3 through 18. Advanced levels are available. Also, adult recreational leagues are available.
- All games are played at Anderson Park on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- KASL has a division for player with 2016 birthyear thru adults.
- Coed: Tiny Tots, 4K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th, 7th & 8th, High School and Adults.
- Girls Divisions (combined by grades): 4K & Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th, and 7th & 8th.
- Information and Registration flier (PDF)
- Kenosha Area Soccer League website
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha County Parks
- Activity Guide (PDF)
- For more information about upcoming events or the Kenosha County Parks, visit the Kenosha County Parks website
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Kenosha YMCA Youth Programs
- SUMMER DAY CAMP: This is an exciting adventure for the camper ready to make new friends and face fun new challenges. Open to ages 5-15 years. 6:30am - 6:00pm. Breakfast, lunch & snack included. State Licensed. Financial Assistance available.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD: Summer fun for the little ones too! Our Early Childhood programs may not have an official summer break, but they have summer fun! Open to ages 2-5 years. 6:30am - 6:00pm. Breakfast, lunch & snack included. Free swimming lessons to 3-5 year olds. State Licensed. Financial Assistance available.
- BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT: Where Kids Belong! The Kenosha YMCA believes all kids have great potential and deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. Care offered at the Kenosha YMCA and several KUSD school locations, see attached for more info. Open to ages 5-12 years. 6:30am - 6:00pm. Healthy snack included. State Licensed. Financial Assistance available.
- WATER SAFETY PROGRAM: The Kenosha YMCA believes everyone should learn to be safe in and around water, especially as a lake community. In an effort to help prevent further drowning’s we are opening our doors to children in our community for LEARN TO SWIM WEEK...A FREE water safety and basic swimming skills program for those with little or no experience. Each session will consist of four 60-min. classes; 45-min. of swim lessons and 15-min. of water safety. Sessions Dates: MONDAY, APRIL 22nd - FRIDAY, APRIL 26th.
- YOUTH SWIMMING LESSONS, SPORTS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES: The Kenosha YMCA offers a wide variety of programs and classes that promote healthy living for all ages. Our programs promote skill improvement, knowledge growth, character development and most importantly HAVING FUN!
- Visit www.kenoshaymca.org to view our Program Guide
Pringle Nature Center - Upcoming Events
- 9800 160th Avenue, Bristol, WI 53104
- For a complete listing, check out the Pringle Nature Center website.
- Register online
- Grand opening special (PDF) - Get 20% OFF your first 8 weeks of lessons.
- Special needs swim program (PDF) - We design our lessons to meet the needs of your swimmer, whether it be for water safety or therapeutic purposes.
- Swimtastic Kenosha website
- SwimLabs Kenosha website
Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
- More information (PDF)
Tri My Best Triathlon - Volunteers Needed - Aug. 4
- A triathlon for children & young adults with developmental disabilities.
- Do you have compassion for children with developmental disabilities? Then we want YOU!
- Volunteer Registration Deadline: Friday, July 26
- Volunteer registration info (PDF)
UW-Parkside Summer Youth Camps
You want summer youth camps that focus on transforming, engaging, and learning. That’s why we keep class sizes small, ensuring that each camper gets plenty of one-on-one instruction from our expert teachers. Your camper benefits from guided opportunities to apply what they’re learning in a hands-on lab setting.
Keep your kids engaged this summer with meaningful programs that foster creativity and exploration through coding, technology, bioscience, and mindfulness.
|Dream Playground - items needed||dream-playground.pdf|
|Everything Under the Sun||everything-under-sun.pdf|
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|Anderson Arts Center - Winter/Spring Schedule||anderson-arts.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs grand opening special||swimtastic.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs special needs program||swimtastic-special-needs.pdf|
|Holiday Home Camp||holiday-home.pdf|
|Kenosha Area Soccer League||kasl.pdf|
|Tri My Best Triathlon - Volunteers Needed||tri-my-best.pdf|
|Back 2 School: Book Bag Giveaway - Aug. 18||back-2-school.pdf|
|Alternative History Summer Program||alternative-history.pdf|