Anderson Arts Center CREATIVE CLASSES
- Part of the Kemper Center campus, offers classes in art, music and dance for all ages, all year round!
- Art Gallery and Gift Shop OPEN for free admission, Tuesdays-Sundays 1 to 4 p.m. Call ahead for schedule.
- Location: 6603 3rd Avenue, Kenosha. Telephone: 262-653-0481, Website: andersonartscenter.com
- Latest Updates & Special Events Information found on Anderson’s Facebook page.
Before and After School Program at RecPlex
The RecPlex Before and After School Program provides transportation to and from school, as well as wide variety of activities for children to do before and after school including: gym games, outdoor play, swimming, arts and crafts and more!. The RecPlex also provides mid-day pick up for children attending K4 classes for only half the day.
Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Each child attending the Club needs a membership. Memberships are $20 per child per year or $30 per family per year. The fee is waived for all teen members (ages 13-18). Program areas of focus include education, leadership, recreation, health and life skills. A healthy meal or snack is served daily.
- Troha Youth Center & Tween Center
- Ages 6-9 and 10-12
- Teen Center
- Ages 13-18
- Laken Family Jefferson Elementary Extension
- Age 6 and up
- BGC Sports
- BGC Sports (part of Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha) offers youth sport leagues and clinics to kids ages 4 - 18. Adult leagues are also run in select sports.
- Boys & Girls Club information flier (PDF)
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha website
Bright by Text
- Bright by Text sends free activities, games, and resources right to your cell phone. Messages are targeted to your child’s age and include information on child development, language and early literacy, health and safety, behavioral tips, and more!
- Bright by Text is for anyone who cares for and loves a child between the ages of 0 and 8 - parents, grandparents, babysitters, aunties, uncles, neighbors, friends, teachers, and more.
- Sign up for Bright by Text
Building Our Future
Together we’re better: Our purpose is clear at Building Our Future
A community in which every child has the opportunity and support structure to succeed in school and in life – regardless of race, ethnicity, ZIP code or income.
That is Building Our Future’s vision for Kenosha County, and it’s an objective that we’re excited to outline and celebrate in our newly published 2019 Impact Report.
Building Our Future is a network of community leaders representing all sectors of our community – public and private – committed to improving student outcomes.
Camp Invention - June 15-19
- Camp Invention is for children entering grades K-6th.
- Location: Antioch CCSD 34 - TBD 850 Highview Dr, Antioch, IL 60002
- Date: June 15 - 19, 2020
- Time & Cost: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM | $235 (before discount)
- Camp Invention information flier (PDF)
- Work for the 2020 Census
- Census in the classroom
- Census 101 - English (PDF)
- Census 101 - Spanish (PDF)
- How you will be invited to participate in the 2020 Census (PDF)
- Confidentiality and the Census (PDF)
- Example Census (PDF)
- Census and education - English (PDF)
- Census and education - Spanish (PDF)
- We Can Be Census Takers flier (PDF)
- Why We Ask (PDF)
Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care
- Walk-in Pediatric Urgent Care from Children's Wisconsin (formerly Children' Hospital of Wisconsin) available in Kenosha 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
- Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care Brochure (PDF)
Drawing Classes for Kids
- Classes provided by Young Rembrandts
- Waiting all summer for Young Rembrandts? We’re back with all new ELEMENTARY DRAWING classes. If your kids are new to art or seasoned pros—they will love this class. Don’t miss out, ENROLL NOW!
- Weekly, 1 Hour Classes (after school) starting at $57.50 (payment plan options available)
- Information flier (PDF)
Education Foundation of Kenosha
Seeking Board Members
- The Education Foundation of Kenosha was organized in 1980 to support the Kenosha Unified School District and its mission. The Foundation has financed a wide range of educational and enrichment projects not able to be funded through the District's normal budgetary allotments.
- The Board raises and administers funds to support:
- College scholarships for Kenosha K-12 students
- Classroom grants to support K-12 teachers
- Attend four board meetings per year
- Promote and attend fundraising events
- Participate on one subcommittee
- INTERESTED? Send your resume and a letter of interest to Stacy Busby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3600 52nd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
- Learn more about the EFK at educationfoundationkenosha.org
- Families with FoodShares benefits: Use your EBT card at Kenosha HarborMarket and Westosha Market
- More information
Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project - Water Safety Resources
The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives through water safety advocacy and drowning survival strategies.
High school students – Monkey Joe’s is hiring!
- Monkey Joe’s is looking for outgoing individuals who like to work with kids. We offer a fun work environment and a team of diverse people. If you are interested in working at Monkey Joe’s, apply on-line.
- Monkey Joe's Team Member Flier (PDF)
HomeNet. internet access for your homework
- Does your child or a child you know need help with internet access for schoolwork? Well then all aboard the information superhighway! HomeNet. can provide internet access in your home during the school year for studying and homework.
- Limited availability, so apply with Foundation for Rural Housing for HomeNet. today!
- Must have at least 1 child in middle or high school
- Must be under the 80% county median income
- Must have access to a device that is internet accessible
- Applications can be found at the Foundation for Rural Housing
Host an Exchange Student with ASSE
- Share your home for a year, enjoy a friendship for a lifetime. Make this year the most exciting and enriching year ever! Simply choose to welcone a high school student, 15-18 years old into your family. Students come from Italy, France, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Thailand, China, to name just a few.
- Call Melissa Schnorr at 262-332-8283 or 800-677-2773
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit ASSE online
Host an Exchange Student with Pax
- Baseball. Barbeques. Birthday celebrations. Share your little corner of America with a high school exchange student from one of 70 countries - and watch how you all grow!
- Become a Pax host family today!
- Call 800-555-6211
- Visit Pax online
Host an Exchange Student with World Heritage
- Hosting a World Heritage Foreign Exchange Student allows families like your own to experience the fun of getting to know another culture without ever having to leave your backyard!
- Learn more at World Heritage
Kenosha Community Health Center
- You can get your child's physical, shots and sick visit done at Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc. with convenient locations and same day appointments with Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners. Let us help you maintain great oral health by utilizing preventative dentistry, which helps you and your family avoid cavities, gum diseases and more. Our dentists are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy.
- Flier (PDF)
Kenosha County Parks
- Activity Guide (PDF)
- For more information about upcoming events or the Kenosha County Parks, visit the Kenosha County Parks website
Kenosha Public Library
- We offer tons of free activities for children, adults, and families all year round!
- KPL website event calendar
Kenosha Wrestling Academy
- The Kenosha Wrestling Academy (KWA Bulldogs) was established in 2012 and is dedicated to teaching the sport of wrestling to youth (K-12th grade), regardless of experience.
- Open to All BOYS and GIRLS grades Pre-K thru 12
- Register online
- Information flier (PDF)
Lindenhurst Area Soccer Club - 2020-21 tryouts - May 15 deadline
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be adjusting our tryout procedures,
If you are interested in joining LASC for the 2020-2021 season, please complete the FREE registration to receive more information and for the chance to be selected for a team.
Boys and girls, birth years 2014-2002 are welcome to complete the player registration.
Madison Contemporary Dance - Video Dance Lessons
- Classes for all ages
- Classes for families
- Many styles of dance
- Professional teachers
- Information flier (PDF)
The Mobile Market is a grocery store on wheels that travels throughout Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha Counties to visit neighborhoods and communities that have limited access to fresh and healthy foods. Everyone is welcome at the Mobile Market.
- EVERYTHING 25% OFF!
- Use your QUEST/EBT Card, Debit or Credit Card (no cash accepted).
- Visit Hunger Task Force for more information.
- February 2020 schedule (PDF)
- Dates/Times subject to change.
Oasis Youth Center
- Welcome for kids 5th grade and up.
- Providing a free safe place for Kenosha area youth to gather for recreation, academic assistance and community involvement.
- Homework Help, Indoor & Outdoor sports, Basketball, Video Games, Computers, Crafts, Snacks, LOTS of Fun with Friends.
- Open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3-7 p.m.
- 6700 30th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53142. Located in the Lower Level of St. Luke’s Church.
- Information flier (PDF)
Pringle Nature Center - Upcoming Events
- 9800 160th Avenue, Bristol, WI 53104
- For a complete listing, check out the Pringle Nature Center website.
- Grand opening special (PDF) - Get 20% OFF your first 8 weeks of lessons.
- Special needs swim program (PDF) - We design our lessons to meet the needs of your swimmer, whether it be for water safety or therapeutic purposes.
- Swimtastic Kenosha website
- SwimLabs Kenosha website
Sylvan Learning Center of Kenosha
- Guidelines and offerings during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Call Sylvan and set up a free advanced reading assessment to find your effective reading rate.
UW-Parkside Summer Reading & Writing Skills
|Census 101: What you need to know||census-101.pdf||census-101-sp.pdf|
|Census and education||census-eduation.pdf||census-eduation-sp.pdf|
|The 2020 Census and Confidentiality||census-confidentiality.pdf|
|How the 2020 Census will invite everyone to respond||census-invites-everyone.pdf|
|Census: Why We Ask||census-why.pdf|
|Kenosha Community Health Center||kchc.pdf|
|Sylvan of Kenosha - Free Advanced Reading Assessment for Juniors and Seniors||sylvan-reading.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs grand opening special||swimtastic.pdf|
|Kenosha Wrestling Academy||kenosha-wrestling-academy.pdf|
|Swimtastic+SwimLabs special needs program||swimtastic-special-needs.pdf|
|Camp Invention - June 15-19||camp-invention.pdf|
|Before and After School Program at RecPlex||recplex-before-after-school.pdf|
|Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha||boys-girls-club.pdf|
|Drawing Classes for Kids||young-rembrandts-drawing.pdf|
|Children's Wisconsin Urgent Care||childrens-urgent-care.pdf|
|Oasis Youth Center||oasis.pdf|
|Monkey Joe's - now hiring||monkey-joes.pdf|
|Kenosha Mobile Market||mobile-market.pdf|
|Sylvan - COVID-19 guidelines and offerings||sylvan-covid.pdf|
|Madison Contemporary Dance - Video Dance Lessons||madison-dance.pdf|
|UW-Parkside Summer Reading & Writing Skills||parkside-reading.pdf|