Rules Pertaining to Public Comment
- You have three (3) minutes maximum speaking time.
- At the expiration of three minutes, the microphone will be muted.
- If you do not conclude your comments within three minutes, the school board President or District official will ask you to stop speaking and leave the podium.
- The public comment period will be limited to 45 minutes total speaking time unless extended by a motion and vote of the Board.
- Conduct yourself with respect and civility.
- No disruptive, abusive, or harassing conduct.
- No vulgarities, profanities, or threatening language.
- The President may prohibit further comments if your remarks violate this rule.
Topics for Discussion
- Do not comment on confidential personnel disputes.
- Do not address grievances with respect to individual District employees unless they pertain to matters of public concern.
- Do not comment on complaints involving individual student disciplinary matters.
- Pursuant to Wisconsin’s Open Meetings Law, Board members will not respond to public comments unless the topic was identified on the public posting of the Board agenda.
- The use of the gavel signifies recess or adjournment of a meeting.
- If the gavel is used, stop talking and leave the podium.
- Individuals displaying placards, signs, and/or banners may not stand behind the speaker at the podium or block any attendee’s view of the meeting.
PLEASE NOTE — If any individual’s behavior constitutes a threat to the health or safety of another individual(s) at the meeting, law enforcement may be contacted to restore order and safety.