2016-17 KUSD Benefit Information
Open enrollment is a designated annual period in which eligible employees and retirees can add/cancel/change their benefit options with Kenosha Unified School District. This year’s Open Enrollment will be begin Monday, May 16, and close on Thursday, June 30.
Important Note: No insurance changes will be processed after June 30, 2016, unless there is a qualifying event, such as: loss/gain of coverage through your spouse; loss of eligibility of a covered dependent; death of your covered spouse or child; birth or adoption of a child; marriage, divorce or legal separation.
If you incur one of the qualifying events, you have (30) days to make changes to your current coverage.
- Payroll deductions for the 2016-17 school year will begin on Sept. 14, 2016, and run for 20 pay periods.
- KUSD has elected to retain WEA Trust as their medical provider
- A new $750 Deductible base plan will be added and the $500 and $250 deductible options will remain as buy-up options effective July 1, 2016:
KUSD InHealth Clinic™
KUSD’s medical plans include access to a health care clinic that features the services of nurse practitioner for plan members (covered employees and family members) right here in Kenosha! Covered individuals can utilize this service without being subject to copays or deductibles.
- KUSD has elected to retain Delta Dental as their dental provider with no change to benefits
- Benefits Include: $2000 annual maximum, $0 deductible, orthodontic benefits
- KUSD has elected to retain NVA as their vision provider with no change to benefits
- Benefits Include: $10 exam copay (1x/12m); $25 lens copay (1x/12m - lenses or contacts with a $130 allowance); $130 allowance for frames (1x/24m)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- KUSD has elected to retain DBS as their FSA provider with no change to benefits
- Available Elections: Health Care FSA Max: $2,550 (with $500 rollover); Dependent Care Max: $5,000
- Reimbursements: www.dbsbenefits.com or the new mobile app
Lifematters™ Employee Assistance Program “access hub”
The LifeMatters™ program provides 24/7 Live Access to Professional Counselors for traditional counseling, legal consultation, financial services and child & elder care resources
- Go to www.mylifematters.com on your computer or mobile device > Password KUSD1
- Select “Connect with Help” to access a counselor via email, video chat, live chat or face-to-face session
- Schedule through the website or call 800-634-6433
Open Enrollment will begin May 16 and end on June 30. Links will become active on Monday, May 16.
- Medical Health Plan WEA Trust
- Deductible change only, visit www.weatrust.com/kusd-choose
- New enrollments, dependent changes or coverage waivers, visit www.weatrust.com/enroll
- NOTE: In section 4, select ONLY health and enter into the box on the right the deductible of the health plan you wish to enroll in, do not select any other benefits in this section.
- Dependents are automatically removed at age 26.
- If you aren't making changes to your benefits package, no action is required.
- Voluntary Vision (NVA)
- Enrollment/Change Form (PDF)
- Delta Dental
|Health - Employee Premium Contributions||WEA Health Plan Options 050416.pdf|
|Dental - Enrollment/Change/Waiver Form||EnrollmentForm_DeltaDental.pdf|
|Vision - Enrollment/Change Form||EnrollmentForm_NVA.pdf|
|FSA - DBS Employee Guide||fsa-empolyee-guide.pdf|
|FSA - How You Can Benefit From A Flexible Spending Account||fsa-how-benefit.pdf|
|FSA - How to Submit Claims Online||fsa-online-claims.pdf|
|FSA - Plan Info & Enrollment Directions||fsa.pdf|
|FSA - Direct Deposit Form||fsa-deposit.pdf|
|Benefit Presentation - May 2016||benefit-presentation.pdf|